My Cal Spec Sport Died on Me Today

jsciullo

Now that I appear to have all the bugs worked out of my V11 Sport my Cal Spec left me stranded todayI replaced the mufflers this morning on my '02 Special Sport. Went from pretty free flowing mufflers I got from Monaco's (nice sound but a bit too loud) to the Minstrals. When for a short ride to hear how they sounded and the bike died on me after about 2 miles (if even that). When I tried to restart it I didnt get any "whoosh" noise from the fuel pump. I checked all the fuses (they were fine) and moved the relays around and still nothing. Im thinking that the fuel pump went - unless it has something to do with the new mufflers. I did not change the map on my PowerCommander. Is it possible that the Power Commander or the Guzzi computer noticed the difference in air/fuel and shut the bike down? Is there anyway to reset the computer if this is the case? How do I check the fuel pump to see if that might be the problem. I'd like to check these out before I drag it three hours across the state to Jason. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

The sidestand switch -relays have been known to sometimes bugger up, causing a no start problem. might be worth checking out. there is a few posts on this subject you might want to check out. I kind of doubt the ecu has anything to do with it, regards, doug.

The sidestand switch -relays have been known to sometimes bugger up, causing a no start problem. might be worth checking out. there is a few posts on this subject you might want to check out. I kind of doubt the ecu has anything to do with it, regards, doug.

Thanks Doug. The fact that Im not getting any kind of noise when I engage the "kill switch" suggests that its probably the fuel pump or something electric thats not letting the fuel pump engage. I have it at the dealer and hope to be back on the road soon.

Thanks,

Jim