Stupid Question #37

JoeGuzzi

OK, my Ballabio enjoys making me look the fool. The plug wire cap on the left bank pops off while riding. Put it back on, ride awhile then "PoP" and there it hangs. Put it back on ride awhile and "Pop" here we go again. This has been happening for months now and I can't seem to stop it.

Yes, I have tightened up the contact in the plug wire end to the point it requires a good effort and a twist to push it on and still ride along and "Pop".

The right bank wire cap slips on and off easily and never pops off while riding. I'm starting to think I have a hole in the spark plug and it's blowing off the plug cap.

Yes it is a given that this is not a problem. So what if I reach down and push a plug wire back on. No harm no foul, but I wonder????? Not enough to buy new wires and caps but enough to give you guys something different to read.

Joe in Atlanta

1972 Eldorado

2004 Ballabio

Guest ratchethack

Never heard that one before, but it's got to be a defective plug with a leak that runs through the core. :huh2:

Plug wire to short? A little flex and tug off it goes. Longer wire. Else just replace the cap. Perhaps the clip is beyond beyond. Hole through the plug core ????? ????? ?????? Send that to the Smithsonian - that would be a first.