Ohlins Shock....

raceboy

Hi all,

I'm trying to locate a (Preferably New) Ohlins shock for my 04 V11. Any one have any ideas or know where I can get one. The Sachs (Sucks); it's toast.

Pref in North America for ease of shipping.

Cheers,

Theres a lot of them on ebay. If you want the one specifically made for a v11 it will be more difficult to find. Get the dimensions of your shock from here then find one with the same dimensions on ebay. A good one goes for about $500 there.

The dimensions of the V11 shock won't be found. No other bike uses a 275 (in case of the Sachs) or 285 (in case of an Ohlins) mm short example.

Other problem is that most bikes are using link systems. The Guzzi is a simple type, meaning shock is connected directly to swingarm.

Talk to an Ohlins Service Center. They can make it.

I have found that place in the Netherlands, ROOSKE can make anything you need or want and his service is TOP!

Some months ago is bought an Ohlins here on the forum from a guy you all know.

Sold as an V11 shock it was actually a '93 Triumph Trident shock, way too long (320mm), completely different mounting eyes, no compression adjustment (an emulsion type)

so I could not use it. Worse, I couldn't get my money back and nobody in the world was waiting for an Ohlins for an old Triumph Trident!!

I was almost desperate until Rooske proposed to transform that shock in a suitable V11 shock (well, I'm still waiting for it because he knew I had already payed a lot for revision of the original WP shock, which didn't suit me at all, payed a good price for the Triumph Ohlins and was out of cash. He asked me some time so he could make it for the less of money.)

Another place where you can try is LANCI SUSPENSION. There are some rebuild second hand shocks on their website. Worth giving it a try.

Succes

I've done some looking & it seems that the shortest length I could find was 305mm. I dont know if that would fit or not tbh.

If you're looking for a reputable person thats a Guzzi fanatic try Todd Eagan. His site is called Guzzitech I think. Anyway I bought a set of hyperpro springs for my forks from him & it was all good. I know they do the shocks as well.

Heres a link

http://www.guzzitech.com/

Does it have to be Ohlins?

I love Ohlins but they are no longer interested in making shocks for a V11 so anything you get will be a shock made from parts for something else. I looked at Ohlins and bought a Penske. No regrets.

Does it have to be Ohlins?

I love Ohlins but they are no longer interested in making shocks for a V11 so anything you get will be a shock made from parts for something else. I looked at Ohlins and bought a Penske. No regrets.

Thanks folks for your replies. GuzziMoto can you pass along the details of your Penske shock.

Cheers,

Raceboy

It cost me $855 last year. I got it thru Penske in Reading, Pa. Michael Himmelsbach was the Guy I talked to about it. He is a good guy. I knew him (not well) thru racing. He is a straight up guy. He actually got me my shock in less time then he quoted (time was important as we were going to Indy for the MotoGP race). I sent him a link to a thread on this site with the measurements of the stock shock to make sure they knew what size it should be. They should be able to make one for you without that but it wouldn't hurt to do the same. The shock is fully adjustable except it does not have the remote pre-load adjuster. Like the Ohlins it is fully rebuildable and tuneable. They will make the shock for your weight and riding preference. It is not the only good choice, but it was the best choice for me.

Here is the link I sent him. It is worth a read if you have not read it already.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...88&hl=sachs