Guzzi ergal foot controls kit: paging helicopterjim

tmcafe

Just got this rare set from MI at a pretty good price. Looks great but I'm not sure how to install it. More specifically:

How and what does the gearshift pedal attach to on the bottom part?

What's the little bushing doing on the brake pedal?

The kit has an extra part in the second pic (gearshift group, on the right). This pic can be found on some Italian sites. Definitely it looks like the part would go with the gearshift, but I don't have it in the kit.

Did a search here, so far only helicopterjim has this setup. Before paging him, anybody chime in? Thanks.

V11 Foot Controls

v11_pedane.jpg

(notice the extra part in the second pic)

I have this setup on my bike right now.

By "clutch", I think you mean "gearshift".

The spacer is so that when you attach the brake pushrod to the brake footlever, it stays straight. You can use it or elect not to depending on how cocked the pushrod is.

See this picture:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrtelford/Guzz...909265218287778

The extra part replaces the dogleg shift lever on the transmission case. That part was missing from the set I bought, so I fabricated one that I think is pretty similar. Anyhow- you will also need a 6mm threaded rod to connect the shifter to that piece. See here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrtelford/Guzz...460901704304082

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrtelford/Guzz...460936064042466

Installation is pretty straightforward, the pictures should help. Let me know if you need more (or browse my picasaweb folder for a couple of other angles)

Jason

I have the same setup on the Tenni & can send pictures if you need them. jrt's pictures give a good view of the installation & should be enough. It looks as if you are missing the threaded rod w/ heim joints on either end which connects the shift pedal to the shift lever (part that jrt fabricated but is included with yours). If MI can't get you one, try Ducati. 907ies (and probably all Ducs w/rearsets) use a very similar rod.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. The pics from jrt were helpful. In the meantime I've found a couple more folks here have this kit installed. It seems that those who got the kit outside the US got all the parts, including the oddly shaped one that attaches to the gearbox spline shaft that appears in the other image, and the shorter rod which isn't shown in either picture.

I actually got only what's shown here:

V11_Argal_Foot_Controls-512.jpg

This is one of the "official" images of the kit (it appears also in an older Guzzi brochure I happen to have). I suspect the kit was sold like this in the US, in typical Guzzi (or Aprilia) manner. Although the kit looks great for fit and finish, and I like that simple functionality of the cams, without the parts needed for the gearshift I'm going to return it. Having the parts fabricated or otherwise sourced is more than I feel it's worth for me right now.

Ah, you are missing the splined adapter? My kit was missing it, too.

It's not that hard to make the parts. If you are patient, I can make you the adapter. I am leaving for Maine next week, so it would be 2-3 weeks before I could get to it, but I think I have enough scrap aluminum to make the part up. It won't be as pretty as the stock piece, but it is quite functional.

You can buy the heim joints from McMaster Carr and get the threaded rod from Ace Hardware or McMaster or almost anywhere.

PM me off list if you want to do that. My cost is that you will owe me a beer if we ever meet.

I cut the splines by mounting the piece on a rotary table (to index the splines) and scraping the 'v' sections out with a boring bar. Not as elegant as casting, but it seems to work just fine.