YAHI

Greybeard

I put a set of Renthal Fatbars on mine using the Balabio risers I was able to source through MotoInt and I would say they probably moved the bars back 2" and up somewhere around 3" or so. Enough that I am sitting upright and not with weight forward.

I can take a few more detailed pics and post them up later.

PICT0138.jpg

I was able to get around buying new cable and brake line just by a hair.

It has made a tremendous difference for me and makes long rides far more enjoyable. At the same time I had it down I did the cush drive modification Greg posted and it is a huge difference as well.

Great forum you guys have here. I've spent quite a bit of time lurking and trying to soak up as much as possible.

I installed Ballabio handlebars and risers on my LeMans. According to my measurements the risers are 55mm (2.2") tall with an 8mm offset toward the rider. The bars are 29.2" wide, 1.7" rise with about a 4.5" pullback. The bars and risers are "fatbars", about 1 1/8" diameter at the clamps. If you go with 7/8" diameter bars & risers you'll have a greater range of choices at lower cost, but they might not be as strong as the fatbars.

Sometimes I think the bars are too high and wide, most of the time I think they're fine. Adjustable bars like Covertibars or the ones that forum member Zebulon sold here might be a better choice if you're very picky about positioning.

pics:

Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Thank you gents.

I've discovered by the old "hold 2 drum sticks" method that my wrists naturally fall into a 5-6" pullback but the reach over the tank puts the devil into the mix here.

And I'd rather keep the bars to as low a rise as physiologically possible for myriad reasons I won't bore you with, but not conflict with the tank either.

Darn difficult to just eyeball these things as well and try to make an educated guess.

If it ever stops raining long enough perhaps I can get out and see other bars in the flesh!

I'm sorry I didn't drive my V11 over here- I'm in Maine at the moment. I have bars on my V11 that are about 2" rise and 1 1/2" pull back. I use the stock brake line and it works pretty well for me. As long as the rise of the bar is about in line with the forks, you won't have any tank fouling issues. If you need pull-backs...maybe look at old Eldorado pullbacks? Not sure that would work on the V11.

Some pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrtelford/GuzziV11Sport#