High Mount Exhaust Cans

raceboy

I've been eyeing many of the V11s' with High Mounted pipes, I think they add to the visual appeal of the overall package.

The V11 owners who bought the Guzzi Ti kit got a pair of high mount brackets (apparently Daytona 1000 / 1100 / Sport parts) which also have the passenger foot peg bracket built in. I went to the Canadian importer and he checked the parts listings to get me a price ($90/ea....YIKES!) yes Guzzi I know, but also that there was no stock and could not tell me if and / or when they would even be available.

So my questions is this.... What other options do I have?????? Maybe something from another bike (any bike Jap, European, etc.) that fits or at least close. I could make a set of brackets but I want the rear pegs.

So any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Raceboy

I used Sport1100 brackets, which I guessed has the same mounting holes as V11 has. I was wrong :blush: just make second hole into the holder attatched to the frame ;) so you can always switch from high mount to low mount. And I have also taken out the passanger footrests.

dsc00048z.th.jpg

Slavomir,

Do those brackets lay flat?

what do you mean? i dont understand :(

will get some more pics

The stock brackets had a bend so the exhaust would clear the swing arm & rear drive. The Sport 1100 look like they are flat, with no bend.

If you lay them on the table they just lay flat on the table.

Raceboy

The stock brackets had a bend so the exhaust would clear the swing arm & rear drive. The Sport 1100 look like they are flat, with no bend.

If you lay them on the table they just lay flat on the table.

Raceboy

they are not flat, but more "flatter" than those on V11

I dont use the rear hugger and the Mistrals are mounted from outer side of the brackets, no problem so far (even on unwanted over-horizont) jump

dsc00201l.jpg

I spent part of the day yesterday hunting around a couple of motorcycle scrap yards to see if can find any suitable hangers from other bikes, the closest I came was from older R6.

I think I will just make my own on the mill. I will post the pics when I'm done.

Keep the shiny side up!

John