Ram clutch

mark.gilmore

Sold my Scura a couple of months ago to someone who is a member here.he e-mails me 2 or 3 weeks later and tells me the Ram clutch is toast.I replaced the oem clutch @ 28000km just in time before it grenaded itself.The bike has now got 62000ish km.That means 34000km out of a $1200AU clutch.All I can say is,What a shit clutch.It also makes me feel like a rite prick.I thought the Ram was bullet proof? Mark

Clutch life will depend very much on how it is used but from what I'm hearing the later RAM clutches only come with the Bronze plate and that makes them less of a long term proposition. Having said that 34,000Km out of a plate that has to do what the RAM does in a V11 isn't outrageous.

Personally I preffer the twin plater which is why I've got one in my Scura but most people who ask me I state that is an option and why I preffer it and they'll still go for a RAM single plater :huh2:

Pete

Clutch life will depend very much on how it is used but from what I'm hearing the later RAM clutches only come with the Bronze plate and that makes them less of a long term proposition. Having said that 34,000Km out of a plate that has to do what the RAM does in a V11 isn't outrageous.

Personally I preffer the twin plater which is why I've got one in my Scura but most people who ask me I state that is an option and why I preffer it and they'll still go for a RAM single plater :huh2:

Pete

a new twin plate complete is expensive, much more as the Ram unit.

Do you mean the new flywheel went bad? Or is it just the friction plate is worn out? Either way is bad because you have to take it all apart. BUT a friction plate, like a brake pad is a wearable item.

No,sorry,not flywheel,Gregg said friction plate and mentioned something about pressure plate being stuffed.I think he is going the twin plate.

Sold my Scura a couple of months ago to someone who is a member here.he e-mails me 2 or 3 weeks later and tells me the Ram clutch is toast.I replaced the oem clutch @ 28000km just in time before it grenaded itself.The bike has now got 62000ish km.That means 34000km out of a $1200AU clutch.All I can say is,What a shit clutch.It also makes me feel like a rite prick.I thought the Ram was bullet proof? Mark

I'm surprised it lasted that long.

• 2 years later...

Pete

How is the twin plater working out for you and where did you buy it? Thanks.

TJ

Pete

How is the twin plater working out for you and where did you buy it? Thanks.

TJ

I'm turning 40k miles on my Rosso Mandello and I have my fingers crossed! I dont ride it very hard though.