Guzzi in Sydney, Oz

slowkitty

Hiya, Planning a trip to Sydney; Is there anywhere where I can go look at bike gear, look at airheads or bikes, etc .... where are the BMW and Guzzi shops located? Is there a bike museum? Thanks loads for all advice.

Cheers

Hiya, Planning a trip to Sydney; Is there anywhere where I can go look at bike gear, look at airheads or bikes, etc .... where are the BMW and Guzzi shops located? Is there a bike museum? Thanks loads for all advice.

Cheers

You chose a poxy time of year! :D If you're coming soon that is, middle of winter and more likely to be wet and horrid.

Lots of bike shops in Sydney of course but Guzzi dealers are thin on the ground. I'm about 2 and 1/2 hours South and I'm just a small workshop that at the moment is not doing a lot as I'm in virtual full time care mode for my Mum in Law who has Parkinsons and Vascular Dementia but If you'd like to drop up for a chinwag I can offer you a ride about on my 8V Griso and Aprilia Mana, (Providing you understand that these are my personal bikes and not just 'Demonstrators' to be thrashed mercilessly to 'See what they'll do!'.).

John Viton at Motocicolo in St. Peters is good value but he's very busy and doesn't really have time to just stand around chewing the fat.

Pete

You chose a poxy time of year! :D If you're coming soon that is, middle of winter and more likely to be wet and horrid.

Lots of bike shops in Sydney of course but Guzzi dealers are thin on the ground. I'm about 2 and 1/2 hours South and I'm just a small workshop that at the moment is not doing a lot as I'm in virtual full time care mode for my Mum in Law who has Parkinsons and Vascular Dementia but If you'd like to drop up for a chinwag I can offer you a ride about on my 8V Griso and Aprilia Mana, (Providing you understand that these are my personal bikes and not just 'Demonstrators' to be thrashed mercilessly to 'See what they'll do!'.).

John Viton at Motocicolo in St. Peters is good value but he's very busy and doesn't really have time to just stand around chewing the fat.

Pete

Thanks for the offer, Pete, extremely kind of you. Will see how I can factor a "chinwag" into my trip. :) No promises but will let you know if I am swinging by.

Cheers

Thanks for the offer, Pete, extremely kind of you. Will see how I can factor a "chinwag" into my trip. :) No promises but will let you know if I am swinging by.

Cheers

When you get here, (Or before.) Gimme a call +61417462440 from overseas or 0417 462 440 when you land in Shitney.

Pete

As far as I know there are no m/c museums in Sydney. The "National M/C museum" is in Nabiac, about 2 hours north of Sydney, and in my opinon is only worth visiting if you happen to be in the area ...the emphasis of this museum seems to be quantity rather than quality, others may disagree. It's title is a little misleading in that it's a privately owned and run museum.

In Sydney Motorino sell Guzzis, they're in 2 locations, one in Darlinghurst (part of the city) and they seem to have plenty of time to talk.

Tom Byrne M/C has Bmw's and are literally a 6 iron shot from Motociclio that Pete mentioned.

Go and have alook at Deus ex Machina ( latin experts can translate) in Camperdown....they do er...strange things to Jap & Brit singles & twins & have a range of clothing to excite the inner city trendoid would be rocker types...and have an equally buzzy doof doof cafe too....have a look at their website.

If you're after old Brit parts Jim Eades in Ashfield is a 1950's time warp shop...but check opening hours and take your credit card.

There's a big Italian bike show with all the marques once a year, I think in September, well worth it if that's when you're here.

I live in the Southern Highlands, just over an hour south of Sydney on the way to Pete's and have several bikes. A good day trip would be to drive here, we ride the 1.5 hours to Pete's, ogle/test ride his Griso, have lunch, talk shit then return. I'd of course have to stop every half hour or so to tighten the zorst nuts on the commando but I'm confident the Guzzi would make it that far ok. Bearing in mind too it's as cold as a mother in laws kiss here at the moment.

If you're at all interested in cricket a visit to the Bradman museum in Bowral is a must....slight thread drift I realise but worth a mention.If you're into aircraft a whole different world opens up.

Give me a call if you want (0412 001821) ...there's a good chance I'll be away in Singapore when you're here but you never know.

Jeff

As far as I know there are no m/c museums in Sydney. The "National M/C museum" is in Nabiac, about 2 hours north of Sydney, and in my opinon is only worth visiting if you happen to be in the area ...the emphasis of this museum seems to be quantity rather than quality, others may disagree. It's title is a little misleading in that it's a privately owned and run museum.

In Sydney Motorino sell Guzzis, they're in 2 locations, one in Darlinghurst (part of the city) and they seem to have plenty of time to talk.

Tom Byrne M/C has Bmw's and are literally a 6 iron shot from Motociclio that Pete mentioned.

Go and have alook at Deus ex Machina ( latin experts can translate) in Camperdown....they do er...strange things to Jap & Brit singles & twins & have a range of clothing to excite the inner city trendoid would be rocker types...and have an equally buzzy doof doof cafe too....have a look at their website.

If you're after old Brit parts Jim Eades in Ashfield is a 1950's time warp shop...but check opening hours and take your credit card.

There's a big Italian bike show with all the marques once a year, I think in September, well worth it if that's when you're here.

I live in the Southern Highlands, just over an hour south of Sydney on the way to Pete's and have several bikes. A good day trip would be to drive here, we ride the 1.5 hours to Pete's, ogle/test ride his Griso, have lunch, talk shit then return. I'd of course have to stop every half hour or so to tighten the zorst nuts on the commando but I'm confident the Guzzi would make it that far ok. Bearing in mind too it's as cold as a mother in laws kiss here at the moment.

If you're at all interested in cricket a visit to the Bradman museum in Bowral is a must....slight thread drift I realise but worth a mention.If you're into aircraft a whole different world opens up.

Give me a call if you want (0412 001821) ...there's a good chance I'll be away in Singapore when you're here but you never know.

Jeff

Missed your post when I was there, lodging had no internet. Nonetheless, give me a holler if you are in Singapore and I'll feed you well; I have a passion for food!!!!!

Cheers

Cheers

Hi,

I live on the Northern edge of the Sydney basin and would love to catch up with another V11 guy. PM me if you want to arrange anything or if I can be of help while you are here. When is your trip ?

Regards

Gregg

Hi,

I live on the Northern edge of the Sydney basin and would love to catch up with another V11 guy. PM me if you want to arrange anything or if I can be of help while you are here. When is your trip ?

Regards

Gregg

Dear all,

Sadly I am back from Sydney. Saw an old Le Mans while I was at Bronte beach, sounded seriously gorgeous and throaty.

One thing tho, I am touched by the hospitality and kindness shown by the members here, and I will reciprocate if anyone comes into Singapore, food and drinks on me, will play tour guide if time permit too :)

Cheers, fellas