throttle set up issue HELP

Karl Von

My centauro had all these symptoms and cannot be tuned no matter how I tried. Finally did a compression test and found out that one of the cylinder inlet valve was leaking . After lapping it the bike now runs fine with the regular tuning. :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well got the Rosso back from the tuners today and what a diffrence. He said the bike was running way to lean. It idles great now and does not bog down at 4500 rpm. There is a little surging around 3500 to 4000 but you only notice it if you keep the throttle there for a long time. The bike rides like a guzzi now !!

I have attached the dyno run.

dyno0002.jpg

Well got the Rosso back from the tuners today and what a diffrence. He said the bike was running way to lean. It idles great now and does not bog down at 4500 rpm. There is a little surging around 3500 to 4000 but you only notice it if you keep the throttle there for a long time. The bike rides like a guzzi now !!

I have attached the dyno run.

Now you should get the Mistral crossover.. that little stumble will be gone.

Guest ratchethack

Wot foto said^. That's one wicked 10 lb-ft hole in the torque curve at 4400 RPM. You've actually got more torque at 2400 RPM than at 4400. A decent crossover would help fill that in, and give you more midrange punch right where you really need it on the road. A Stucchi worked well for me. :thumbsup:

That's great!

Just be sure to note what the TPS, Valves, and Idle are set to, so you can repeat this fine state of tune!

You might not want to follow the group think and buy the aftermarket crossover since you already invested in the dyno tuning.

The aftermarket crossovers give a lot of bang for the buck, but since you would need to spend another $200-500 on dyno tuning, you might skip it, or wait until you have other mods going along with it, like the Air Box mod that gives even more power per dollar!!!

Or if you wanna really go nuts

Hot Cam, Carillo Rods, bigger valves (don't get Roper started :whistle: ), Super Charger, Big Bore® Kit, etc.

Glad to see the bike running better but yikes, that's a massive torque dip at 4500. Based on my experience you will see a gain in torque and lose the 4500rpm dip by just adding an aftermarket crossover. The previous owner of my bike had a custom map done. I added an FBF crossover later, and recently did a dyno run with no changes to the map. You can see the improvement in the torque curve. Dyno charts are here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=161148

Does the bike idle for more than 30 seconds now? If so what solved that problem?

Guest ratchethack
You might not want to follow the group think and buy the aftermarket crossover since you already invested in the dyno tuning.

The aftermarket crossovers give a lot of bang for the buck, but since you would need to spend another $200-500 on dyno tuning, you might skip it, or wait until you have other mods going along with it, like the Air Box mod that gives even more power per dollar!!!

Or if you wanna really go nuts

Hot Cam, Carillo Rods, bigger valves (don't get Roper started :whistle: ), Super Charger, Big Bore® Kit, etc.

Uh-oh. :unsure:

post-1212-1248789996.jpg

Time once again to dispatch yet another fresh slew o' the same old Great Wallopping Delusions.

Best beware of those who suggest modifications of which they have ZERO experience of their own, and equally as much comprehension, lest one's perpetual illogic, flights of fantasy, naiveté, and permanent state of bedazzled delusion become the next one's own folly and misfortune. :glare:

. . .you would need to spend another $200-500 on dyno tuning. . .

No need wotsoever to follow the Pied Piper o' GROUPTHINK with a useless dyno tune after adding a crossover. I didn't, and have been very pleased with the seat-o'-the pants smoothing and filling in of the dip in the torque curve ever since, for over 5 years now. So have countless others, including Tom, as noted in his post just above. So has a riding Pal of mine with his LeMans. If you can't tell any difference on the road without looking at a dyno chart, it ain't worth the effort (let alone the cost), and your A/F will not suffer wotsoever, as Tom's post-crossover dyno chart without re-map and beautifully smooth A/F line clearly shows.

The aftermarket crossovers give a lot of bang for the buck. . .

This much^ is true enough.

On the other hand, as far as "investments" go (the term raised above), the concept of "really going nuts" with "Hot Cam, Carillo Rods, bigger valves,... Super Charger, Big Bore® Kit, etc." for practical road use is the usual assortment o' false popular delusions of the First Order. As explained in detail and vouched for by decades of well qualified professional experience here on this Forum countless times by Guzzi engine builder, Guzzi race crew Chief, Maestro of Good Guzzi Common Sense, and longtime Guzzi Pro Wrench Pete Roper, for road riding purposes, costs escalate exponentially as reliability, tractable power delivery, and longevity typically drop through the floor with any and all such silly behavior.

NOTE: Years ago, I challenged the above quoted poster to come up with ANY credible evidence of the existence of a Big Bore® equipped V11. Just one would do. There continues to be neither any known example of a Big Bore motor with ANY V11 parts in it, nor a V11 with any Big Bore parts in it. Continuing to insist that such a thing exists in earthly dimensions that would presumably reflect the light of any star at the center of ANY solar system (such as ours, for example) well enough to actually be seen or possibly even be photographed SOMEWHERE -- Dave's been scouring the Blue Planet (and other planets too, it would seem) and beating about the amorphous shrubbery of Dreamland without any success ever since. Why d'you reckon that is? :huh2:

post-1212-1248793777.jpg

Aimlessly wandering the fuzzy, etherial delirium of Dreamland

Endlessly wishing, hoping, and searching. . . for that which obviously and objectively does not exist. . .

As far as investments go (Part II): For the road, as Pete has often reminded those who always seem to need reminding -- despite the perpetual number of those who're beyond reminding :rolleyes: -- anything on the above list (with the possible exception of an air box mod, depending on specifics) are all extremely poor investments at best in terms of cost-to-value, and a short road to a lunched motor at worst.

A Guzzi is no magic carpet ride to some magical kingdom in an alternate dimension of time and space with alien rules of Physics. :whistle:

As always, at least here on the Blue Planet, best enjoy the Guzzi for what it is -- not for what it isn't, and never can be.

-- It ain't all that bad, after all. ;)

NOTE: Years ago, I challenged the above quoted poster to come up with ANY credible evidence of the existence of a Big Bore® equipped V11. Just one would do.

Are you calling the folks at Big Bore liars when they say the kit can be fitted to a V11?

That is slanderous!!!!!!!

Hey Karl, if you follow Ratchet's advice you will probably lose peak horse power and somewhere between $500 and $1000.

For about ten times that price you can get a Big Bore Kit and increase HP 50 - 100%, the choices are yours!

Or you can just enjoy your nicely tuned bike, or maybe invest in track class, suspension springs and or nice Pirelli tires.

A proper two into one collector is a nice bit of kit, but if the dip in torque does not bother you then it is of no more value to you then any of the other mods..

If you like the feel of the bike as it is, then ride, ride ride.

Guest ratchethack
Are you calling the folks at Big Bore liars when they say the kit can be fitted to a V11?

That is slanderous!!!!!!!

SLANDER again, is it, Dave?! :o

Though I've asked you this before (never got an answer):

Do you have the faintest clue what slander is?? (Your repeat accusations consistently indicate otherwise.) :wacko:

Next, please point out exactly where you think I've ever called the folks at Big Bore liars?!

post-1212-1248913774.jpg

CLEAR, IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE! :not:

The mythical V11 Hayabusa Eater

Many of us are still chuckling over your persistent attempted defense of the indefensible claim of the existence of a V11 Hayabusa eater somewhere out in the wild, Dave. You also introduced this um, concept to this Forum. I note that your hunting expedition for that one hasn’t returned from the bush yet either. It’s been 2 years now since I challenged you to back that one up with evidence, and I reckon the trail has gone pretty cold by now. But let's focus in very carefully on just one of your many whoppers (the one mentioned above) and one of my many unanswered challenges to you, shall we?

Let me make this plain enough so even a child can understand it -- and even you can't twist it into something it's not:

Big Bore makes no claims wotsoever of having sold either a motor with ANY V11 parts in it, nor do they make any claims of having one of their non-V11 motors installed in a V11 chassis. Despite their claims of what can be done, not only does the existence of BOTH appear to reside in your imagination alone, but in addition, the claim that it exists is yours alone!

I'm (still) not asking you to speculate about something that somebody says could be done. My challenge to you has always been, and continues to be on the REALITY of the here and now, Dave. That challenge is over 2 years old now, and remains unanswered with anything other than the most frivolous and ridiculously repeated responses -- none with any evidence to support your claim.

(Again): Please provide credible evidence of the existence of a V11-based DOHC water cooled 4V 1400 cc G&G Big Bore motor in a V11 chassis. Just one will do.

CLEAR, IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE!

... the existence of a V11 Hayabusa eater somewhere out in the wild...

Ratch, ol' boy, I hate to be the one who softens yer terra firma of reality, but the light has got to be shined in the deepest corners to chase out the cockroaches of denial! Last week, a gentleman, who admitted he knew "almost nothing about bikes" chased me down in a parking lot to tell me he thought my bike had one of the most beautiful sounds he had heard coming down the road. Then he said that my bike looked like a "HAYABUSA KILLER", which I assured him it was. If even the uninitiated can recognize this, (albeit a different model by the same manufacturer) the truth is truly irrefutable. THE MYTH IS NOW BUSTED. :huh:

P.S...I still find the time I overheard my bike refered to as "Jap Crap" as much funnier!..."Yeah, I rode the new dresser. It's parked next to that JAP CRAP out there."...The only bikes there were me, and four HD's...

SLANDER again, is it, Dave?! :o

Though I've asked you this before (never got an answer):

Do you have the faintest clue what slander is?? (Your repeat accusations consistently indicate otherwise.) :wacko:

Next, please point out exactly where you think I've ever called the folks at Big Bore liars?!

V11_Hayabusa_eater.jpg

CLEAR, IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE! :not:

Many of us are still chuckling over your persistent attempted defense of the indefensible claim of the existence of a V11 Hayabusa eater somewhere out in the wild, Dave. You also introduced this um, concept to this Forum. I note that your hunting expedition for that one hasn’t returned from the bush yet either. It’s been 2 years now since I challenged you to back that one up with evidence, and I reckon the trail has gone pretty cold by now. But let's focus in very carefully on just one of your many whoppers (the one mentioned above) and one of my many unanswered challenges to you, shall we?

Let me make this plain enough so even a child can understand it -- and even you can't twist it into something it's not:

Big Bore makes no claims wotsoever of having sold either a motor with ANY V11 parts in it, nor do they make any claims of having one of their non-V11 motors installed in a V11 chassis. Despite their claims of what can be done, not only does the existence of BOTH appear to reside in your imagination alone, but in addition, the claim that it exists is yours alone!

I'm (still) not asking you to speculate about something that somebody says could be done. My challenge to you has always been, and continues to be on the REALITY of the here and now, Dave. That challenge is over 2 years old now, and remains unanswered with anything other than the most frivolous and ridiculously repeated responses -- none with any evidence to support your claim.

(Again): Please provide credible evidence of the existence of a V11-based Big Bore motor in a V11 chassis.

Big Bore sent me an email saying it can be done, with prices.

They did not say that they have done it to the V11.

There is no reason to believe that this is an imaginary ferry tale.

You are terribly short and narrow sighted in your vision of what a V11 should be.

You continually mock those that invest more than you do, and tell people who do less than you that they should do the same as you.

Boring.