Need an engine/transmittion rebuild for 1100i

kecup

Hello,

As I am trying to restore my 1997 1100i Sport to its original glory, I'd like to powder coat engine and transmittion. I am thus looking for someone who would be willing to take the engine and gearbox apart for the powder coating job (meaning stripping of every part that can suffer from powder coating and its associated procedures - sand blasting and so). I had a quote for work from an unnamed local dealer for $1300 which was very reasonable (actually seemed a bit low) but I am a little reluctant now after I had them do another job and their discounted 40$/hr. promised rate turned into 70$/hr. rate final. Anyone interested? I am in Los Angeles, CA.

kecup

Guest ratchethack

Kecup, I've had alu cases sandblasted (BSA A65). You don't ever want to trust this kind of work to someone not INTIMATELY FAMILIAR with Guzzi's AND ALSO with sand and media blasting AND powder coating.

Moto Guzzi Classics in Signal Hill specializes in resto's of Loops and Tonti's, but know and work on Spineys too. Call Mark Etheridge, prop. Mark is an honest Pro with a solid long term rep, and they're all-around good guys to work with.

http://motoguzziclassics.com/MGCAbout1.asp

Moto Guzzi Classics

1831 Redondo Avenue

Signal Hill, CA 90755

Tele 562. 986. 0070

Have fun. :mg:

Kecup, I've had alu cases sandblasted (BSA A65). You don't ever want to trust this kind of work to someone not INTIMATELY FAMILIAR with Guzzi's AND ALSO with sand and media blasting AND powder coating.

Moto Guzzi Classics in Signal Hill specializes in resto's of Loops and Tonti's, but know and work on Spineys too. Call Mark Etheridge, prop. Mark is an honest Pro with a solid long term rep, and they're all-around good guys to work with.

http://motoguzziclassics.com/MGCAbout1.asp

Moto Guzzi Classics

1831 Redondo Avenue

Signal Hill, CA 90755

Tele 562. 986. 0070

Have fun. :mg:

Thanks, I will do that, plan to take take care of the powdercoating myself (know a good company here), to make sure the glass is washed away properly.

kecup