Well, I crashed it - parts fiche for V11 LeMans?

Repeater

Well, I haven't posted in a while, and it was mostly good - I installed my Roper Plate with no negative consequences, the valve adjustment seemed to have cut down (though, not eliminated) the odd misfire I was getting, and I thought I had it all sorted.

Until I hit the brakes too hard on a freeway off-ramp and high-sided the LeMans at 15-20mph. More than anything else, I was embarrassed to make such a mistake, and injured my shoulder in the process, but worse yet, I pranged up the Guzzi a bit, too.

All of my damage is on the left side, an was mostly cosmetic. But I need parts, some of them are a bit obscure and not available with aftermarket replacements.

Shops like Bikebandit have online fiche readers that allow you to collect all of the parts numbers one needs for nearly every Japanese motorcycle you can find... but I can't find a similar resource for Moto Guzzis... I'd just like to get an idea of what the stuff would cost before I bring a parts list to the local dealer (Leo's South in Lakeville, MN).

And just in case you're curious, here's what I'll need:

New bar-ends (I'd like heavier ones if possible...)

Engine guards - the left one was shattered in the crash.

Upper sump assembly - the bolt that holds the lower part of the sidestand ripped out, shattering its casing. So the entire upper sump needs to be replaced. This is the worst damage of any of it. I couldn't imagine it's cheap, either... :(

Left-side spark plug wire

Left-side passenger peg mount (it's bent in, so the muffler doesn't hang right on it anymore)

Left-side muffler (not sure if I want to replace this yet or not...)

Left-side rear turn signal stalk

New side stand bolt that contacts the sidestand switch (was ground off) and screw that mounts the sidestand into the sump

Overall, it crashed well - the rash on the left side of the fairing and the sump bit are the most visible damage... I'd have preferred to not have crashed it at all, though.

Ah! Damn! But YOU are OK, so the bike will also be OK, ASAP!

Relax and you will find everything

check Agostini

TLM

Prodigium

Stein Dinse

RebootGuzziSpares

Sorry that happened to you...bummer! I believe there is a parts diagram on the MPH cycles website. As for the parts you listed you be able to get replacements at a reasonable cost. I replaced the upper sump on mine last year and it was under $100. They had some issues with breakage around the kickstand attachment so they should be readily available. Buell directionals are the same and are usually in stock and are cheap. Don't forget to check ebay!

Hal

sorry to hear that.. could you tell the insurance company that you hit a deer or something to get coverage?

I'm in Bloomington, have we met? if there is anything I can do to help I will.. I have trailer, garage w/ tools and lifts if you need space to repair.

are you on the local Guzzi newsletter list? our rally at grand Marais is 2 weeks out hope you can make it, Brad

leaving for wisconsin rally in a couple hours.

Well, I haven't posted in a while, and it was mostly good - I installed my Roper Plate with no negative consequences, the valve adjustment seemed to have cut down (though, not eliminated) the odd misfire I was getting, and I thought I had it all sorted.

Until I hit the brakes too hard on a freeway off-ramp and high-sided the LeMans at 15-20mph. More than anything else, I was embarrassed to make such a mistake, and injured my shoulder in the process, but worse yet, I pranged up the Guzzi a bit, too.

All of my damage is on the left side, an was mostly cosmetic. But I need parts, some of them are a bit obscure and not available with aftermarket replacements.

Shops like Bikebandit have online fiche readers that allow you to collect all of the parts numbers one needs for nearly every Japanese motorcycle you can find... but I can't find a similar resource for Moto Guzzis... I'd just like to get an idea of what the stuff would cost before I bring a parts list to the local dealer (Leo's South in Lakeville, MN).

And just in case you're curious, here's what I'll need:

New bar-ends (I'd like heavier ones if possible...)

Engine guards - the left one was shattered in the crash.

Upper sump assembly - the bolt that holds the lower part of the sidestand ripped out, shattering its casing. So the entire upper sump needs to be replaced. This is the worst damage of any of it. I couldn't imagine it's cheap, either... :(

Left-side spark plug wire

Left-side passenger peg mount (it's bent in, so the muffler doesn't hang right on it anymore)

Left-side muffler (not sure if I want to replace this yet or not...)

Left-side rear turn signal stalk

New side stand bolt that contacts the sidestand switch (was ground off) and screw that mounts the sidestand into the sump

Overall, it crashed well - the rash on the left side of the fairing and the sump bit are the most visible damage... I'd have preferred to not have crashed it at all, though.

Sorry to hear about your crash. I did the same thing. Left side. Broke the side stand mounting same as you. This forum is the best and they will have you up and running again. Trust me. See my thread on this very same thing:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...15&hl=crash

I got the upper sump from Todd at MPH Cycles. If you read down the thread for my postings/replies you will see my progress on the repairs to my bike. By the way, I got mine back on the road in short order and it is running fine. No cosmetic issues anymore either.

Good luck with everything. The important thing is that you are OK.

sorry to hear that.. could you tell the insurance company that you hit a deer or something to get coverage?

I'm in Bloomington, have we met? if there is anything I can do to help I will.. I have trailer, garage w/ tools and lifts if you need space to repair.

are you on the local Guzzi newsletter list? our rally at grand Marais is 2 weeks out hope you can make it, Brad

leaving for wisconsin rally in a couple hours.

Nope, like I said, I had liability only, so deer strikes wouldn't be covered, either. This'll all be out of pocket. Too bad...

I don't think we've met... I wave to people a lot, but haven't done any of the Guzzi stufff, since I'd just gotten the bike in June. I appreciate the offer for help, though! I'd like to meet some of the rallies sometime, but the shoulder is too jacked up for the time being to ride... I have a feeling my season is more or less finished until next Spring. We'll see. I'm usually a 10-11000 mile/year rider, but I've got less than 4000 this year, I think, and aren't too likely to get many more. <_>

Sorry to hear about your crash. I did the same thing. Left side. Broke the side stand mounting same as you. This forum is the best and they will have you up and running again. Trust me. See my thread on this very same thing:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...15&hl=crash

I got the upper sump from Todd at MPH Cycles. If you read down the thread for my postings/replies you will see my progress on the repairs to my bike. By the way, I got mine back on the road in short order and it is running fine. No cosmetic issues anymore either.

Good luck with everything. The important thing is that you are OK.

Egads! Good to know I'm in the same boat as someone else, so I'm at least not in uncharted territory! I'll check MPH - do you remember offhand how much the sump part cost? I'm kinda worried about that; I couldn't imagine it's cheap at all!

I've got all the parts numbers I need now, so I just need to get time to start calling folks. Thanks to all who've chimed in so far.

Egads! Good to know I'm in the same boat as someone else, so I'm at least not in uncharted territory! I'll check MPH - do you remember offhand how much the sump part cost? I'm kinda worried about that; I couldn't imagine it's cheap at all!

I've got all the parts numbers I need now, so I just need to get time to start calling folks. Thanks to all who've chimed in so far.

Here are the prices that Todd quoted to me (don't know if they are still valid so you should contact Todd and find out):

Upper Sump (Black): $134.24

Left side footpeg: $55.65

Shift lever: $150.43

Left front directional: $24.25

Left spark plug cap $23.09

Clutch lever: $134.84

Left cylinder guard: $24.70

Front Faring (the nice tri-color Coppa Italia one) $439.76

Left valve cover: $136.60

Gaskets for middle pan, $8.00 each, x2

Hope this helps.