Full Service - Literature?

BrianM

My '01 V11 is due a full service now summer's nearly here (NZ). Would anybody be able to direct me to a pdf or some such that covers all the bits I should address so that I need not bother the forum for numerous questions about: which oil and how much, and sidestand or upright, and threaded in or resting on threads, what grease and etc. etc. etc? You get the idea.

I'll say thank you in advance rather than bump my own thread.

Thank you from me and my Guzzi.

:-)

Hi Brian

I was in a very similar situation as you.Here is a link to my initial post as to doing my first service.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=11552&hl=

The how to section as a lot of threads that I got my initial info from,so start there and read them over before you start

I had done a lot of basic maintenance myself for years on other bikes, but no valve or TB adjustments.All the info available seemed overwhelming and some of it contradicting,but after absorbing it for a couple of weeks,I understood it as best I could and found it to be quite simple and easy once i figured out which instructions and methods worked for me.Couldn't have done it without the help of RatchetHack and others here,so most of the credit goes to them.

There were follow up threads so let me know if you need more links.

Been meaning to do an article with pictures about all the procedures in one thread as a lot of them are spread out over several articles.

Keep posting questions and info, :bier:

Hi Brian

I was in a very similar situation as you.Here is a link to my initial post as to doing my first service.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=11552&hl=

The how to section as a lot of threads that I got my initial info from,so start there and read them over before you start

I had done a lot of basic maintenance myself for years on other bikes, but no valve or TB adjustments.All the info available seemed overwhelming and some of it contradicting,but after absorbing it for a couple of weeks,I understood it as best I could and found it to be quite simple and easy once i figured out which instructions and methods worked for me.Couldn't have done it without the help of RatchetHack and others here,so most of the credit goes to them.

There were follow up threads so let me know if you need more links.

Been meaning to do an article with pictures about all the procedures in one thread as a lot of them are spread out over several articles.

Keep posting questions and info, :bier:

I know I said 'Thanks in advance' but feel rude not saying a personal thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and encouraging reply.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Brian.

In addition, Greg Bender maintains a fantastic website with more Guzzi info than most can digest.

Included are parts books and workshop manuals:

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/mot...orkshop_manuals

However, I suggest using a bit wider valve lash- .005/.007" or .006/.008". It works way better than the .002/.004" listed in some manuals.

MZNYC: Please do make a writeup of some of these procedures. It would be appreciated by many folk out there. You could be famous. OK, maybe not the last bit, but it might buy you a beer someday.

Hi Brian,

Your very welcome ,just paying it forward.

JRT beat me to it as I forgot to recommend getting the shop manual and owners manual if you don't have one.There will be some confusing translations and some inaccuracies in the shop manual but it is invaluable. Won't matter for you ,as it's not translated into Kiwi,you'll have to struggle with the English translation. :D

Michael