Lost a friend and my nerve

miki

I lost a friend recently, my riding buddy. I wasnt there to see it but I was there to see his wife and I have no idea how she will explain it to her 2 toddlers.

I dont want to bring anyones spirit down, this can happen to any of us at any time in any way. But for me I am taking a break from riding.

My bike is for sale in the condition I bought it a few months ago, I will sell it to V11 members for exactly the same price I paid & the bonus of a new long rego. You are

a great community and I would like to see it go to someone who will look after it. I have posted an add in the classified section and want to thank you for your help

in picking a great bike.

By the way, it wasnt a motorbike accident.

miki.

Our prayers are with you and his family.

Death and life are misunderstood events that have no good explanation. We all make (what later seem) decisions at the time of both these events. I hope everyone involved in this tragedy make good decisions.

Sorry for your loss Miki. Like you said, anything could happen to anyone at anytime. I respect your decision to take a break from riding. You must do what is right for you.

Hopefully at some point in the future you'll catch the riding bug again and return to our sport. Good luck to you.

Condolences, and yes, do what you think is right.

Last December I had a riding buddy died in a motorcycle accident, on my birthday. I had to be the one to beak the news to the family along with a couple of blokes, it was one of the more difficult things I have to do ever. The tragedy and pain was deeply felt. For me, I regretted not taking up my departed friend's offers to go on rides with him, and he is now gone.

All road users share responsibilities, and I would urge all to have that in mind while on the road.

Take care, man .... hope that you will get back in the saddle when you are ready.

Sure a tragedy that your riding friend lost his life with having young children to raise and enjoy. I'm presuming that it was an accident and not a health issue??

I wish you and the remaining family peace and healing.