Joey's take on being careful

belfastguzzi

Guest ratchethack

Q: "Joey, it makes me eyes bleed just to watch this. How d'you tolerate the real thing?!"

A: "It's not so bad, really."

:whistle::notworthy:

Might havw been 83 actually, Joey started on the road, this was in the Thursday practice for the Manx Grand Prix that year. The "Amateur" riders started from the pit lane that day. If you look at the pit lane you can just make out a TZ350 starting alongside him, number 26, it was me!! One of my very minor claims to fame. I was lucky enough in later years to share a road with Joey and see the master at work, awesome talent and a very nice shy guy

a TZ350 starting alongside him, number 26, it was me!!

! wow, that's nice to know. Thanks for mentioning.

Might havw been 83 actually, Joey started on the road, this was in the Thursday practice for the Manx Grand Prix that year. The "Amateur" riders started from the pit lane that day. If you look at the pit lane you can just make out a TZ350 starting alongside him, number 26, it was me!! One of my very minor claims to fame. I was lucky enough in later years to share a road with Joey and see the master at work, awesome talent and a very nice shy guy

Incredible story Gino. What a great experience.

Just watched a documentary on Joey made by Ulster TV, you forget how great the man was, what modern stars would build and prep their own bike in the shed next to home far less road test them on local roads at racing speeds! There will never be an equall the best road racer ever.

I've read in several magazines that Joey was a very modest and humble man. In his sparetime he drove his truck - stuffed with clothes - to an orphanage in Romania. What a man! Hats off and respect!

It's also incredible to watch how easily he reels in the other riders on the track; it's more or less like they are parked when Joey overtakes them. Furthermore he makes it look like a lefthand job; no big fuss about it. I wish I had a tenth of Joey's balls but I'm just a poor wimp from Denmark....

I envy you Gino - big time. Must have been a thrill and an exprience to ride with da man himself.

BR

Søren

He was awarded an OBE for his charity work. He already had an MBE for services to motorcycling.

http://www.ttwebsite.com/features/joeydunl...ardian_news.htm

He was awarded an OBE for his charity work. He already had an MBE for services to motorcycling.

http://www.ttwebsite.com/features/joeydunl...ardian_news.htm

3869272472_61dede92b9.jpg