Nero Corsa bar risers and footpeg lowering

alanp

I looked at a Nero Corsa today and am considering buying it, but the ergos would need to be improved.

I looked in the FAQ's and found this link;

http://www.obairlann.net/reaper/motorcycle/guzzi/ergos/

These mods look good but, I can't find the Two Brothers Racing bar risers mentioned in the link and the footpeg mod is from a Centauro, so not exactly readily available. Any idea where I can the necessary parts, or other similar mods that I could do? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

I have most of the centauro parts but it doesn't look like the switch will be a very good fit, have not tried it yet... you should give the stock pegs a good long try unless your legs are really long.. I'm 5'11" and they fit me Ok.. the bar risers is a great idea, I got mine from a friend who made them..

by all means buy the Nero.. it's (in my mind) the finest Guzzi ever produced!

IMG_0036.jpg

I looked at a Nero Corsa today and am considering buying it, but the ergos would need to be improved.

I looked in the FAQ's and found this link;

http://www.obairlann.net/reaper/motorcycle/guzzi/ergos/

These mods look good but, I can't find the Two Brothers Racing bar risers mentioned in the link and the footpeg mod is from a Centauro, so not exactly readily available. Any idea where I can the necessary parts, or other similar mods that I could do? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

Two Brothers doesn't make the risers any more, afaik, which is probably why you can't find them. No matter, they had a rep for cracking & TBR wasn't exactly known for making good on any of their defective parts, regardless of what bike it was for...

There was somebody on the forum who was making v11-specific footpeg relocation kits. They weren't cheap [probably cheaper than the Centauro parts from Guzzi tho'], but everyone who got the kit seemed to like it. I'd already gone the Buell footpeg route before the other kit became available, so I didn't pay too much attention.

Ride on!

Ditto on fotoguzzi's thoughts. I really like the bikes ergos as it came. When you change the pegs, the seat, the bars, you change the nature of the ride itself. I just did almost 800 miles (all fun stuff, avoided slabbing it till the very end run for home) in 24 hours, with three hours sleep in the middle. The Nero just made me want to keep going. If you buy a Lemans, leave it alone for the first couple thousand or so, and see if you don't find yourself being pretty damn happy as it is, unless of course your real old and/or real creaky :oldgit::o:lol:

unless of course your real old and/or real creaky :oldgit::o:lol:

Sounds like me I'm afraid. :D

I'm pretty sure I would need the bar risers to ride the bike more than 30 minutes without my hands going numb. Its a bummer, because other than that I LOVE the Nero. maybe I'll have to look for a Coppa.

Sounds like me I'm afraid. :D

I'm pretty sure I would need the bar risers to ride the bike more than 30 minutes without my hands going numb. Its a bummer, because other than that I LOVE the Nero. maybe I'll have to look for a Coppa.

What Savage Henry said is true for the majority of riders who are thinking about buying a V11 but are worried about the ergos. Most find that the stock ergos are fine despite their initial impressions. If not, there are probably dozens of handlebar alternatives and 3 or 4 footpeg and foot control alternatives.

If the numb hands are from vibration that can be fixed without changing the handlebars. A good tune up can help. Heavier bars ends work well on these bikes too.

From memory there are adjustable clipons available from Convertibars and Verlicchi, then there's a tubular bar kit available from LSL. Forum member JRT did a writeup that's in the FAQ on how to drill the top clamp, which allows you install virtually and riser/bar combo that you want, including the Ballabio setup.

edit: Forum sponsor MPH has a riser kit available here

For lower footpegs you can install modified Buell footpegs, Centauro footpegs, or MG Argal footpegs. Just moving the pegs may put the foot controls in a less than ideal place for you depending on your foot size and personal preferences. Forum member Ryland3210 developed a set of foot controls including shifter and brake pedals that move your feet 5" forward and down, available at motratech.com or from MGcycle.com. Motobits also makes a full foot control kit that moves your feet down and just a little bit forward, available from moto International or straight from Motobits.

All of these options and more have been discussed here over and over. These are just the ones that I can remember right now. The search feature will give you all the information that you need on these and other alternatives.

The Nero one of the best V11s ever made. Don't let it get away if your only concern is the ergos.

Our shop has fitted several LeMans models with handlebars. The easy and very satisfying (but more expensive) way is to get the parts from a Ballabio. FOr less money, you can fit aftermarket risers and bars of your choice. They will be solid-mounted, though, increasing felt vibration.

I have a Ballabio on which I've added a LeMans fairing. The bars and fairing work together very well. I also have the Motobits pegs. It's a good bike for 800-mile days.

I installed convertibars on my V11 Sport last month, I highly recommend them. Great quality and can be adjusted in 30 seconds. Ditto on the Buell foot pegs 20 bucks, 30 minutes and an inch lower. I think the most important mod is the seat, it SUCKS!!!! I did some easy mods to mine and it is 100 times better. The stock seat used to hurt after about 30 mins. You can actually feel the bumps in the seat pan on your ass and it very slopped forward causing you to hold your self in position by the bars. I can now corner faster, better and safer with these mods.. Check out www.diymotorcycleseat.com