Clutch line length

Greybeard

I know the answer will vary from machine to machine but is there typically any slack to be found in the clutch line where it routes under the tank?

I'm trying to mount LSL Spiegler Fat Bars and besides having to machine .165" thick spacers for under the risers to allow the bars to clear the top of the fork adjusters I need a lousy 2" more in the clutch line to fit up.

The brake line easily routed up behind the fork leg so no problem there.

This is really giving me a case of blue balls as I've got like a half hour at a time each day to work on it and I'm not riding!! :angry2:

What....NOBODY has a clue?

As many times as you lot have rooted around under your tanks, no one wants to toss the old man a bone!? :huh2:

What the hell..am I on a Harley site? :rolleyes:

Ok, OK, from one grey beard to another, the stocker is pretty straight. When I installed MPH's risers, the kit came with a new hose to compensate for the extra inch and a half. I'm thinking if you can get a little more out of the original it will be pretty tight.

And please, don't use the H word around here. I find it offensive.

I put Billy-Bob bars on my wifes clip-on equiped V11 without having to change the clutch line. I had to re-route it to make it a straighter path but the stock clutch line was able to work.

I did the same thing with the brake line, running it up behing the forks. I keep telling myself that one day I will get a proper extended line made but it hasn't happened yet.

I put Billy-Bob bars on my wifes clip-on equiped V11 without having to change the clutch line. I had to re-route it to make it a straighter path but the stock clutch line was able to work.

I did the same thing with the brake line, running it up behing the forks. I keep telling myself that one day I will get a proper extended line made but it hasn't happened yet.

I've got the brake line like that as well but the clutch isn't moving.

Where did you re-route it to?

And thank you!

A true greybeard would have just made himself a new line and be done with it. Two ends and some Aeroquip isn't that hard to come bye.

Yeah, well...life is full of disappointments.

Call your attorney. :P

Actually I'm in the middle of discovering from Spiegler USA why the Fat Bar kit they sell as fitting the V11...doesn't come close.

No condemnation! They've been quite cordial up to now.

I've supplied pictures and, until they can contact Germany, they've supplied...well, they've been quite nice. :rolleyes:

Until I hear from them I'm not making jack for myself, comprende?

The deal is, there's not enough space on the Fat Bar, from the bar end to the first bend, to fit everything what needs to be fit! I could machine some small extensions for the bar ends but, well then, what did I pay for?

And THEY said the stock hoses would fit so that's why they don't include them in the kit.

So that's where I am.

Same here. I have Ballabio bars and risers with a rerouted stock clutch line behind the top clamp. I have non stock brake lines and master cylinder so I can't help you there.