Setting up a V11 Sport.

NakedV

I also had a feeling that I'd be loads quicker through turns with my beloved LM I, before I looked at the speedo on my Rosso Mandello while cornering. The feel when cornering a V11 is more vague, unprecise which I attribute to wider tyres.

When I rode the V 11 for the first times it steered wide especially when cornering at low speeds but once I got more km's with the bike, I've adjusted my cornering accordingly and don't shoot wide anymore.

BTW I just changed a soft compound front tyre to replace the Pirelli Dragon and it resulted in a much more precise handling in cornering. No doubt it will wear quicker, but the better handling more than compensates it!

Well said! :thumbsup:

No matter how much you twiddle with settings you won't change the basic nature of V11 without fundamental re-engineering. You can only improve at the edges - like every Guzzi I've ridden, you have to adapt to it, it won't adapt to you.

KB :sun:

I also had a feeling that I'd be loads quicker through turns with my beloved LM I, before I looked at the speedo on my Rosso Mandello while cornering. The feel when cornering a V11 is more vague, unprecise which I attribute to wider tyres.

When I rode the V 11 for the first times it steered wide especially when cornering at low speeds but once I got more km's with the bike, I've adjusted my cornering accordingly and don't shoot wide anymore.

BTW I just changed a soft compound front tyre to replace the Pirelli Dragon and it resulted in a much more precise handling in cornering. No doubt it will wear quicker, but the better handling more than compensates it!

Well I've clocked about 700 miles and no more problems, I think it was a mixture of a little too much weight when 2 up for the settings as bought and me not really knowing the bike. Well happy, Cheers all for the advice, Mick.