Long term G-B Supertwin 1100

supertwin1

:bike: I've put 12k miles(20,000 kilos) on my Supertwin and aside from the F.I. relay have had no problems. I ride it hard and usually put 500 miles per weekend on it. The bike gives Ducatis' and Harley fits as they realize their bikes are not as

"custom" as they believed. Of note: the right swingarm bushing needs to be beveled in order to "slip" past the transmission output boss in order to grease the inner bushing.

I am still thinking about adding a G-B to my bike collection. I live in California so it is a pain to get the bike registered. I think it would be wiser to buy an GB than the MGS01, just because it would be faster to get parts from G-B in Italy than Guzzi. :grin:

There was one at the San Diego rally earlier this month that was entered in the bike show, it won 1st place while my 03 Rosso came in 2nd. in the sport class.

Mike

If you could buy one you 'll have no regrets, mine is a prototype but it is absolutely unbelievable. :D:wub::bike:

Made 300 km today wtih a lot of fun :thumbsup:

My 1225 engine just fabulous of torque :wub:

:bike: Yeah, folks just don't know what they're missing and as far as the cost go-what a deal....look at all the quality pieces you get on a bike that you'll keep to put hundreds of thousands of miles on. Nothing like a "better" Moto Guzzi!

Well, if you're going to get a GB in California, you'd better do it quick!

CALIFORNIA DMV TO ALLOW DIRT/ STREET 'CONVERSIONS. FOR A WHILE...

Under pressure from the AMA and other motorcyclists' advocacy groups, the Department of Motor Vehicles will allow street registration of some dirt bikes, up until early next year.

Under the new arrangement, you'll have to buy the bike by the end of this year, and begin the paperwork at the DMV before Feb I of '04. The change affects any bike from the 1978 model year to present, but if the bike is '03 or newer, it can't be a noncompliant (ie, red sticker) bike.

Bikes earlier than '78 will always be eligible for street conversion, and bikes already wearing license plates will be allowed to keep them. In July, the DMV abruptly decided that, because dirt bikes built after '78 weren't in compliance with street bike emissions rules that went into effect then, they could no longer be registered as street bikes. An outpouring of outrage from several groups as well as thousands of individuals caused them to reconsider.

-------------

On a more positive note, it will become legal to wear standard foam earplugs in California on January 1st, 2004.

Guest northend

Two things I don't like about the G&B,The fairing hits me right in the Knee's (I'm 6'4"). And that it comes with a 5 speed gear box. :blink::wacko:

They sure are trick lookin though!!! :thumbsup:

Talk at ya............Jeff :ninja: