helmet news

st. augustine

I can tell you why I don't stock helmets. Everybody comes in to try them on to be sure of sizing and then buys them on the internet. At the end of the season, you're left with a stack of helmets that smell of skin oil and hair conditioner from a hundred people. To sell these helmets, you have to discount them below cost.

Only a business owner would know this......... That's why you do not stock ANYTHING people cannot buy over the internet for les than you pay your distributors for the same product.

Wait until they buy from you, order it in for less money, then bring that item back in and ask for a refund.

anyone know where to get that helmet that Jorge Lorenzo was wearing in the earlier posting? it says X-Lite on it, which I think is a Nolan. If you saw the end of the race he won in Estoril when he wore that helmet (only time this year that I know of) you would have been impressed.

n503632_lorenzo_action_12_preview_big.jpg

I have to leave the modular open and roll it onto my head then close it.

That's the trick I use to allow me to keep my specs on when donning/doffing my helmet. Love the modulars; just wish they could be quieter! Ah well...

You mentioned that you liked how AGV's 1/2 helmet fit; they make a modular now too. I loved my old full-face AGV that I used before I went modular, but I haven't seen their modular anywhere that I could give it a test-fit. Living in Lo-Cal So. Cal., if I ever get the time & motivation, I can always ride out to Chaparral in San Berdoo and test ride a buncha helmets in their showroom, but that takes all day so I only do it every couple years or 3. It's good for a chance to compare how different brands vary fitment tho' [like the Schuberth running super small, Shoei running slightly loose but giving me a headache until the foam in the forehead can break in, etc.]

Personally, my biggest complaint about modulars so far has been the fact that while I'm by no means "blessed" w/ a Leno-esque jawline, they all seem to run to too little clearance btw the chin and face protector. Que sera sera.