So the end of my second year with my Le Mans and it's been great up to now touch wood,upgrades so far include Ryland foot control relocation kit and oil pressure gauge,Throttlemeister barend weights with throttlelock,Guzzi Ti cans,polished valve covers,Gustafsson higher windscreen not yet installed,Stucchi crossover on the way,PIAA 85 110 headlight bulb,if you dont' have one of these installed your driving blind at night and they only suck the same amps as a 55 65 bulb,already had K&N air filter in stock air box and i pulled the snorkles off the intakes.

Soooo' what i need to know now is whats next,as in the dred'id remapping,i just checked the thread out from 2005,more than i could deci'pher or want to"IE"Power Commander,Tuneboy,Blah Blah,dont' want to start another war on this subject just need a few helpfull hints on if it's worth the effort or $ or is nec'essary with the minor mods i've done so far,it seems to be running o k as is but i'm no mechanic either.

Any help from the pro's in the group on this subject will be much appreciated "and so it begins"

Thanks Stu.

PS checked Guzzi Tech already.

So the end of my second year with my Le Mans and it's been great up to now touch wood,upgrades so far include Ryland foot control relocation kit and oil pressure gauge,Throttlemeister barend weights with throttlelock,Guzzi Ti cans,polished valve covers,Gustafsson higher windscreen not yet installed,Stucchi crossover on the way,PIAA 85 110 headlight bulb,if you dont' have one of these installed your driving blind at night and they only suck the same amps as a 55 65 bulb,already had K&N air filter in stock air box and i pulled the snorkles off the intakes.

Soooo' what i need to know now is whats next,as in the dred'id remapping,i just checked the thread out from 2005,more than i could deci'pher or want to"IE"Power Commander,Tuneboy,Blah Blah,dont' want to start another war on this subject just need a few helpfull hints on if it's worth the effort or $ or is nec'essary with the minor mods i've done so far,it seems to be running o k as is but i'm no mechanic either.

Any help from the pro's in the group on this subject will be much appreciated "and so it begins"

Thanks Stu.

PS checked Guzzi Tech already.

:2c: I'm no pro but I'd suggest getting a PCIII from Todd at Guzzitech. Let him know you have the Ti cans and a Stucchi crossover and he'll supply a map that's appropriate for your bike. I think he's your best bet for a simple plug & play solution.

You could modify your airbox for better breathing but you might not like the added noise and I'm not really sure it adds much power.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=8924&st=15

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...12100&st=75

Don't do what i did (emphasis on the engine and not on the suspensions) and treat your bike handling first.

:stupid: I know it is not what you asked, but if you haven't, sort your suspension. A few more horsepower is nothing compared to what you will realize with a proper suspension set up.

That said, Mike Rich pistons made a noticeable difference with my bikes power after the mufflers, crossover, air box mod and PCIII.

Well I'm not a pro, so this is just based on my experience. After I fitted Mistral cans (with no other changes) I found the performance was definitely worse - especially bottom-end torque. I tried putting the original cans back on, just to make sure, and this confirmed what I thought. So I reluctantly splashed out for a Powercommander (not cheap unfortunately). This not only fixed the problem, it transformed the bike - it now has loads of power (subjectively) right through the rev range, so for me the PC was money well spent. Others have reported that they have found no need for a PC after fitting a different exhaust, so maybe every bike is different. What I would do is put your stock cans and air filter back on, and critically compare the difference. If the bike feels better with the standard kit, you need a PC or similar; otherwise you probably don't. As others have said, the PC is a very simple mod, especially if you get one from Todd with a suitable map pre-loaded.

Ha,ha,

You are wisely tip-toeing through the opinion field ,never know what you'll step in :P

Learning how to tune your bike,ie.,valve adjust,balance FI's,and TPS will do wonders for how your bike runs,wallet and self esteem.I started with no knowledge of Guzzi's or basic tuning procedures and with help from the forum ,I got her running real sweet,except for that darn occasional pinging :huh2: Hoping a racer X (Todd) PC3 and Mistral X-over will cure that and smooth out lower revs.

Agree with the others that a well suspended bike will make your rides much more pleasurable.The PO had the Ohlins re-sealed/valved,sprung and fluid weight and quantities corrected for his weight( I was pretty close to his size) by a local race suspension shop.The thing is just planted in the turns even with sport touring rubber.

Hope this can help. :thumbsup:

:2c: I'm no pro but I'd suggest getting a PCIII from Todd at Guzzitech. Let him know you have the Ti cans and a Stucchi crossover and he'll supply a map that's appropriate for your bike. I think he's your best bet for a simple plug & play solution.

You could modify your airbox for better breathing but you might not like the added noise and I'm not really sure it adds much power.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=8924&st=15

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...12100&st=75

Thanks Tom and all,i looked at the pictures of your bike Tom and your cans are the same as the ones i have,do not misconstrued "AH",who's make are they anyway?i got mine off eBay.

So it would seem from the reply's that PC111 is the way to go,I also clicked on the threads you provided and saw Al A's mod on his air box top and i had already pulled my snorkels off which seemed to gain me some mid range,has anyone tried this,i know Greg Field said he did,not sure i want to start cutting into my air box anyway as when i started my visit to it getting that front nut off,what a bloody nightmare,"Nuff Said"only the Iti's could come up with an abortion like that,no offense to any Italians in the group.

A couple of reply's seem to suggest getting the suspension sorted first meaning What?i'm not putting out for Olin's if that's what they mean,or is it just a matter of tuning in what i already have,doesn't seem that bad now and I've been riding bike's for 45 years,course that could mean i've never known what a well setup bike is,"DAH",anyhooo's before i write a novel i'll crawl back in my cave for the night.

Cheers Stu.

Thanks Tom and all,i looked at the pictures of your bike Tom and your cans are the same as the ones i have,do not misconstrued "AH",who's make are they anyway?i got mine off eBay.

So it would seem from the reply's that PC111 is the way to go,I also clicked on the threads you provided and saw Al A's mod on his air box top and i had already pulled my snorkels off which seemed to gain me some mid range,has anyone tried this,i know Greg Field said he did,not sure i want to start cutting into my air box anyway as when i started my visit to it getting that front nut off,what a bloody nightmare,"Nuff Said"only the Iti's could come up with an abortion like that,no offense to any Italians in the group.

A couple of reply's seem to suggest getting the suspension sorted first meaning What?i'm not putting out for Olin's if that's what they mean,or is it just a matter of tuning in what i already have,doesn't seem that bad now and I've been riding bike's for 45 years,course that could mean i've never known what a well setup bike is,"DAH",anyhooo's before i write a novel i'll crawl back in my cave for the night.

Cheers Stu.

I didn't cut the shorkles off. I did "bell" the ends. Our shop has PC IIIs, too, and we know how to load maps, too.

A couple of reply's seem to suggest getting the suspension sorted first meaning What?i'm not putting out for Olin's if that's what they mean,or is it just a matter of tuning in what i already have,doesn't seem that bad now and I've been riding bike's for 45 years,course that could mean i've never known what a well setup bike is...

You basically put the bike up in the air with the front and rear end hanging and measure from the front and back axles up to a convienent set spot on the bike. Then set her back on the ground, hold her up straight (a couple helpers will be needed) and take the same measurements. Now, put on your gear, have one helper hold the bike straight up while you sit like you do on a ride and the other helper measures a third time. There is a range that you are looking to be compressing your suspension to for optimal handling. There have been a few very detailed threads on this you should be able to find pretty easily using the "search" mode. If you are not set right, you will feel the difference on your next ride. That being said, I feel a few thousand dollars would be a good investment on those Ohlins, IF you would rather not buy a second bike, or make a few mortgage payments, or take a nice vacation, or...

And on a side note, riding 45 years?!? I heard they didn't think going over 50 miles per hour was POSSIBLE, as the air around the traveller would be bypassed, and you would suffocate!!! But I'll bet you must know how to handle a bike, as I hear those dinosaurs didn't move off the established trails quickly. Sorry, couldn't help that as I was not even 1 year old when you were dodging those clueless soccer moms in their contestogas, mindlessly yakking on those infurnal tin cans connected with strings <_>

Cheers Stu.

Personally, I wouldn't go for a open top air box or pods. (too much intake noise / vibration but that is just me) A couple of circular holes in the cover will provide plenty of additional airflow. Oh yea, I'm a paper filter guy too. Not too crazy about the K&Ns and others of their ilk. Again, Just my opinion, not trying to restart that debate.

If your bike is like mine the forks are way under sprung. It is like they had a 140lb rider in mind. (I'm slightly porkier than that) The proper spring rate for your weight and some good cartridge fluid transforms it before you even start to dial in damping.

On the rear, the stock shock just plain sucks IMO. An Ohlins is rather expensive and there are other options, again having it sprung for your weight is key. I chose a Wilbers and love it.

It is a different bike once set up properly.

Hey Stu, I'm not a pro, not for 30 years anyway, but I have extended many a fine motorcycles potential! PC111 seems to calm the abrupt off throttle inherent with these bikes due to the fuel delivery notchiness and the mass aft, making them smoother and relaxing the process of downshifts into the corner. Dont know your weight or habits but the soft stock suspension is actually a bonus on our roads here in BC, as the violent undulations, thanks to the Dept of Highways and Nature will send a stiffly suspended machine into the weeds. This aint the USA as you well know and 6-8 inches of frost heave mid corner is the norm. Personally I changed the oil up front maxed the preload potential (which isnt much in the Marz) I'm just north of 200 lbs and feel the next range of spring can only help. I went midrange in the Compression and Rebound, I also dropped the forks in the trees by 10mm. Aft I dialled in a bit more compression but left the rebound about mid-range to be able to keep up when the arse hit the tyre so to speak. Waiting for the suspension to calm down in order to complete the corner aint much fun, but it beats the alternative. The upside is a very stable ride at high speed when the road is smooth. I bought the spade bit and 1 inch screens to drill out the top of the airbox, but I havent bothered. I got the bike with the lid off and it went like hell above 6 grand but the fuel map was ridiculous, mileage was shitty and if I wasn't on the pipe the whole package ran like poo. So lid went back on the airbox, I left the snorkels off and remapped for the stock set up, (I've got the high compression pistons and larger intake valves and stock exhaust) PC111 comes with some options for different set-ups, you will find one that closely matches yours, to make the most though, take the rig to a dyno and play until you hit what you want. I know I can realize more with an aftermarket set of cans and back to the dyno, but what kind of riding are you aiming for? Hope this helps. Then again it may just be another cowpie in the field, cheers