PC3 Map for quat-d ...

arek

I installed the quat-d box on my V11, and I was wondering if someone can share a PC3 map made for this exhaust. I eventually will dyno it, but I thought I would try this first. I also have pods for air intake, lash at .15/.20. Thanks. A.

I installed the quat-d box on my V11, and I was wondering if someone can share a PC3 map made for this exhaust. I eventually will dyno it, but I thought I would try this first. I also have pods for air intake, lash at .15/.20. Thanks. A.

Look here, Dave L has one posted with a Quat:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1020

You kin try this un: QuatD_Aug_07.djm

Made for a 2002, open airbox, same valve settings. Individual cylinder mapping, smooth - like butta. Curves were posted way back when.

I read here that most of you with this exhaust remove the catalytic converter ... but on mine there are no rivets, as the whole thing is all welded up. I guess I am stuck with it, unless I cut the welds and remove it. Which piece on this box was riveted in the past, and allowed to remove the catalytic? If I was to go through the trouble of cutting the welds, perhaps it would make sense to try to see if one can insert another exhaust outlet on the other side, and perhaps make other changes, to gain back some power? Anyone ever attempted this? Does anyone know how the chambers are designed? I emailed qD and asked for this info, but was not answered.

I've done this with mine and I'm quite happy with it. Sorry, no pictures right now, I've to look for them. Before starting cutting, make sure you're able to weld Inox steel.

Hubert

Thanks, I appreciate your help. So, did you just remove the cat or did you also add 2nd outlet on the other side?

I removed the cat and the small outlet. Instead I have one bigger hole now, approx. 40mm, at the end of a rounded (inlet) 200mm tube with an 10mm layer of steelwool around it (in a second tube ofcourse).

Great sound, a little less umph at 5000 but now again good power up to the limiter. The original Quat-D is more than dissapointing above 6000! If you go for high end power then nothing can beat a good loud and open pair of Mistral types.

Hubert (still searching his "cold turkey" picture)

quatloch.jpg

Don't know if you've got the same iteration as me, but mine's on the bench at the moment...here's a plate I riveted in place of the cat:

Quat_D.jpg

And here's the cat:

Cat.jpg

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the photos ... I do not have this plate, but rather it is one solid design. (I would have to take it off the bike to take a pic) Also, I think we have different iteration of this exhaust, because I have the QD ink print, where as your QD is pressed. I will not chop it up myself as I have never welded in my life ... but if I can find a trusted welder who would be willing to work with me on this I would. But this leads to another question - is it possible and would it help to increase power to insert another outlet on the other side of the exhaust? I guess no one has done this, and there is no data or know how to support this. hmmm... Anyone can recommend a welder in San Diego county :)