should I trade?

DeBenGuzzi

IMG_4753.jpg

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191081

its been dropped and rashed and got totaled because the engine case has a scrape on it but overall appears to be a trusted guy and only cosmetic. I don't care about those rashes as they can't be seen without being pointed out and I just love to ride, I've always liked and wanted an MV and even more so the 750 because I don't need to go crazy and I feel like they're more reliable than the newer ones(probably cheap insurance too), he only wants $4250 so that is about on par with my Guzzi but he lives in PA

I know you're all pretty biased but also reasonable, I'll be back on a Guzzi some day if it happens I know that much but I also fear I'd regret losing my girl after awhile, like my first love, but this newer model is pretty damn hot :wub:

Doesn't resolve the original issue you had. Bags and travel on the MV will be similar to what you've already got. :2c:

I KNOW, I'm like that, funny story, went into the dealership about 6 years ago to buy a sprint ST with bags and a wind screen, walked out with a V11sport, so some things just don't make sense. :lol:

and hell yes If I didn't like it I'd try and trade up on a griso or breva, I've always wanted a MV ever since I saw one at the dealership when I bought the V11 OVER the triumph and couldn't afford the 23K price tag. Its similar yes but a whole diff beast and still thoroughly italian and low maint compared to a duc or even some other i4's, dealership network is even more scarce than guzzi which is a downside but hell it would just be a ride it, change oil and not think about it bike for commuting and tooling around town, RSV for weekends :)

I have bike purchase ADHD. blog forthcoming. :rolleyes:

IMG_4753.jpg

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191081

its been dropped and rashed and got totaled because the engine case has a scrape on it but overall appears to be a trusted guy and only cosmetic. I don't care about those rashes as they can't be seen without being pointed out and I just love to ride, I've always liked and wanted an MV and even more so the 750 because I don't need to go crazy and I feel like they're more reliable than the newer ones(probably cheap insurance too), he only wants $4250 so that is about on par with my Guzzi but he lives in PA

I know you're all pretty biased but also reasonable, I'll be back on a Guzzi some day if it happens I know that much but I also fear I'd regret losing my girl after awhile, like my first love, but this newer model is pretty damn hot :wub:

I have MUCH seat time on my buddies 750 Brutale. We often ride together on 'Italia' afternoons with my on the V11. They are hugely different bikes. The 750 Brutale will destroy a V11 in an all out race, and in high speed handling over 100mph, the MV makes the V11 look silly. It is a very fast 750. The quality of the MV's build is absolutely unmatched. The engine quality is simply brilliant.

BUT,,,, The MV's tuning and ECU programming, even when flashed with other software, it still is extremely thirsty, no better than 30 mpg, IMPERIAL gallon. I really think these things use a rich fuel feed as a help to cool the thing, it is excedingly hot running, hotter than my 'nuclear oven' RC30. To get REAL power, you have to spin the thing almost like a 600, at least 10K and up. So you are fanning through the gearbox constantly. There is literally no discernable power below 6000rpm, there is no such thing as 'torque' with this machine. The seat, the seating position, at first feel perfect. But after 1/2 hr you realize you cannot move around at all,, your legs are hooked underneath the top extrusions of the fuel tank. The pain after 2 hrs is not something I can put into words into, even after a Sergeant seat. If you think Moto Guzzi parts are high, man, you havn't seen anything. My buddy got a rock into the headlight, a bad chip. It cost $850us for just the glass lens, which had to be glued back onto the surface of the bucket!!!

Think level headed and above water with your big head on this one!!

Steve

I have MUCH seat time on my buddies 750 Brutale. We often ride together on 'Italia' afternoons with my on the V11. They are hugely different bikes. The 750 Brutale will destroy a V11 in an all out race, and in high speed handling over 100mph, the MV makes the V11 look silly. It is a very fast 750. The quality of the MV's build is absolutely unmatched. The engine quality is simply brilliant.

BUT,,,, The MV's tuning and ECU programming, even when flashed with other software, it still is extremely thirsty, no better than 30 mpg, IMPERIAL gallon. I really think these things use a rich fuel feed as a help to cool the thing, it is excedingly hot running, hotter than my 'nuclear oven' RC30. To get REAL power, you have to spin the thing almost like a 600, at least 10K and up. So you are fanning through the gearbox constantly. There is literally no discernable power below 6000rpm, there is no such thing as 'torque' with this machine. The seat, the seating position, at first feel perfect. But after 1/2 hr you realize you cannot move around at all,, your legs are hooked underneath the top extrusions of the fuel tank. The pain after 2 hrs is not something I can put into words into, even after a Sergeant seat. If you think Moto Guzzi parts are high, man, you havn't seen anything. My buddy got a rock into the headlight, a bad chip. It cost $850us for just the glass lens, which had to be glued back onto the surface of the bucket!!!

Think level headed and above water with your big head on this one!!

Steve

HOLY chit, no wonder he hasn't fixed it up at all. I like the idea of spinning it up and shifting a lot in theory but I know in traffic I would get really pissed off. I will ponder these thoughts

that's a hot looking bike.. have you seen it in person? I wouldn't make any long distance deal on it.

yeah, don't worry too much I'm starting to get turned off to the whole idea, parts with astronomical price tags, weird fueling and electrical problems and basically a defunct company, BUT I am not turned off to the Ulysses even with Buell being closed down because that 1200 harley mill has a part supply the likes of god has never seen. I may go Capo also, nice bike cheap, lot of the same parts as my RSVR :lol: I should just sell the Guzz to you for a sweet deal is what I'm thinking :bier:

yeah, don't worry too much I'm starting to get turned off to the whole idea, ....

OK, got that cleared up in 24 hours. What's next? Dirt bike? Chopper? 3 wheeler? Jetski?

OK, got that cleared up in 24 hours. What's next? Dirt bike? Chopper? 3 wheeler? Jetski?

ooOOo a jetski now there is an idea, lol, NOT. no chopper, I don't have a lot of bikes I want or I like I've just always admired MV Agustas problem is company is tits up and a simple only fits the MV bolt costs about $110 each.

I mean really my field of options if they pop up are Breva1100, Ulysses, Caponord, or maybe a Victory V92 all with bags and shields.

My experience on a Brutale wasn't very positive. to me the bike felt small and very twitchy. You felt like you had to ride it hard all the time to really have fun with it. Great engine with a lot of power but not my thing. Buy yourself a nice cheap SV 650, quick torquey v twin that set up right with toast a Brutale on the track.

The suzuki V Strom is probably the perfect bike for what you want Ben. Although as has been mentioned before...it is rather "aesthetically challenged" :rolleyes: Its huge, very comfortable, utterly reliable, fuel efficient AND cheap. Just go to your local dealer and sit on one, you'll see what I mean.

:lol: I should just sell the Guzz to you for a sweet deal is what I'm thinking :bier:

I'm going out for lottery ticket now.. I might get something like $2500? for the KLR in the spring, (if I can bear to sell it once more).. I don't need another V11 but I really like yours.

PICT0002.jpg