indicators and bulbs v11

galaxiid

I'm new here and could do with some pointers re the indicator bulbs for my '03 V11 Cafe Sport.

One blew on me on a recent trip here and I have been trying to track down a supplier. I have called at Repcos, Supercheap Auto, service stations, four bike dealerships including the MG agent here in Wellington. No luck. Everyone scratches their head and go "oh thats a weird one".

The bulb is a Philips 12093RY10W (amber). It has the offset bayonet fitting

To make matter even worse I went to the MG shop undid the clear lense cover to get out the bulb. Did it back up before riding off to go to the next shop. Of course it fell off on the way. By the time I had backtracked round the block, the lense cover was lying shattered into a gazillion pieces under the traffic.

So I get home no closer to getting a bulb and one clear lense down. Great morning. The ride there and back was OK though.

I know the Vespa crowd have the same issues, looks like a Piaggio thing. http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic35037

An option is to replace all indicators with LED fittings, but I'd rather stay with the originals if I can get a source of bulbs. If anyone can suggest a good LED replacement at a good price I'd give it a go maybe.

Any suggestions of where to go? Anyone out there have clear lenses/bulbs for sale off their MG?? Willing to post out? Payment to arrange. I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks, Chris the galaxiid

Don't know about NZ, but in the USA the bulbs are common and cheap. An option if you can't find a Guzzi lense or signal assembly is Buell turn signals. They are visually the same but better designed with a flexable stalk. The lenses even swap between Guzzi's and Buell's as I recall.

Ok thanks, e bay here I come. Funny the local HD/Buell dealer didn't recognise them. Figured they might be common to Aprilias but the Aprilia dealer basically said: "computer says no". The MG dealer figured dipping some clear bulbs in orange paint would do the trick(!). At least I got to see the Stelvio up close. Almost as nice as the Moto Morini Granpasso.....I saw yesterday

Looks like the bulbs are still common on new Bellagios and Grisos, from what I could see peering through the lenses

Chris,

Recently went through the same dramas, none of the local bike shops had seen anything like it and no luck at any of the auto accessory outlets. Tried a local auto electrican who is a supplier of Hella products and they got one down overnight, no dramas. The bulbs I use are slightly different to the ones your trying to locate but they have the off set bayonet fitting you describe which I believe are common on a number of Italian bikes. Try a reputable auto sparky, they may have a few more clues than the others...

If you have the stock Guzzi turn signals on your bike, they really are about identical to the signals used on Buell Lightnings including the lense and bulb. In fact, on my Griso right now one of my turn signals is from a Buell, one is from a V11, and the other two are stock. The only differences are the Griso signals have shiny bits and the Buell and V11 ones don't. I plan on ordering a full set of Buell signals for the bike.

Thanks for the advice for a newby. Sounds like it is possible to locate them in NZ. At least not Russia according to the Vespa forum! Like suggested yes there are a few on e bay, lense sets plus bulbs for Aprilia Tuono. Look exactly the same, so I might buy a couple of hundred and sell them on to the MG dealership and Vespa club, at inflated prices, make a fortune and retire.

Chris