Air Temperature Sensor Kama Sutra

Greybeard

Especially you lot who've mounted K&N's!

Er...well...I'm mounting K&N's so no air box, no temp sensor mount.

However, scanning the available real estate I noticed the top shock mount with an approximately 1" hole in the bracket and I'm thinking I'd machine up a small cup with some vent holes in it, mount the sensor in the cup and set the cup in that hole in the bracket.

I wouldn't make a vent on the back of the cup so the sensor wouldn't be hit by schmeg kicked up from the rear tire.

Nice, cozy, tidy.

So? Ya reckon?

Put it behind the lamp. Somewhere there in front. When I bought my bike it was mounted there. They've been using a small alu bracket for that. IIRC the wire had to be made longer for that. And it was mounted freely.

Hubert

Put it behind the lamp. Somewhere there in front. When I bought my bike it was mounted there. They've been using a small alu bracket for that. IIRC the wire had to be made longer for that. And it was mounted freely.

Hubert

And nothing to protect the little pepito then?

And nothing to protect the little pepito then?

No, nothing, wich was not a good solution. I then put it back to where it belonged to. They don't look very strong, these thingies. I think I've read about putting it into a drilled film box once (if you still have one around).

Hubert

No, nothing, wich was not a good solution. I then put it back to where it belonged to. They don't look very strong, these thingies. I think I've read about putting it into a drilled film box once (if you still have one around).

Hubert

Yep, that's what I did.