Loose switchgear

Scott03

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of fitting Verlicchi adjustable clip ons to my 02 Lemans. I have everything back together, but the left and right side switchgear assembly houseings are loose on the bars. The Verlicchi bars and orginal bars have the same OD. I didn't see any shims or perches when I removed the switchgear...just two screws holding the houseing halves together. What am I missing here? How are the switchgear assemblies held in place on the bars? Thanks.

Scott

Well from memory, the switchgear housings each have a plastic pin which locates into a small hole drilled in the bars, and this is what stops them moving around. So when I fitted new bars (Renthals) to my Scura I had to drill the bars to accept the pins, which was a bit of a pain. Has someone cut off the pins on your switchgear housings?

No pins. The previous owner had fitted handlebars with risers and clamps (drilled the triple clamp and fitted the risers). The handlebars are 22mm just as the original clip ons and Verlicchis, but do not have a hole for a locating pin. If I put the switchgear back on the handlebars, its loose. I can't figure out how the switch gear was held in place on the handlebars with no locating pin and hole...the ID of the switch assembly is greated than the OD of any of the bars. Thanks for your help.

Scott