BJ Scwartz

Dan M

what an amazing character he seemed to be ! thanx for posting.

i do question myself reading it: is the Guzzi crowd really different from the other m'cycle crowds ? I guess so.

i do question myself reading it: is the Guzzi crowd really different from the other m'cycle crowds ? I guess so.

Are you kidding? Just a few days reading at this forum and you have all the proof you need. :wacko:

Yes, I think Guzzi people are unique- at least in the states.

In my experience, a typical rally is that most folks arrive on Friday- often late. There's some staying up late, drinking and general partying, but not loud boisterous stuff (except maybe the Wisconsin boys ;)). Mostly it's sitting around the campfire, talking about bikes kind of partying.

Saturday, about half the people are up just after dawn and off for a ride until the evening meal, which is almost always included in the ridiculously low rally fee. Less drinking on Saturday night, then Sunday morning at dawn most riders are up, packed and leaving with the sunrise.

Guzzi riders tend to be folks who like to ride. Not so much bar to bar as real, backroad, scenic touring. It's a fun crowd. BJ was a real pioneer and a champion for Guzzi riders. I had the pleasure to meet him at a couple of rallies, and he really was as described- a gentleman, knowledgeable, and a good entertaining conversationalist.

Wondering really. All crowds believe they have The Enlightment.

This said, we can hardly say that riding a Guzzi is really fashionable or a proof of success in Life ("si tu n'as pas une Rolex à 50 ans, t'as raté ta vie" dixit some stupid french advertising tycoon) so the MG crowd must be really true to the genuine love of its motorcycle of choice...