Security Question...

Richard Z

Last year there were 11 Motorcycle jackings in the Wichita KS area. All riders were on their bikes at intersections waiting at lights when they were either forced off physically or by gun point.

Here is my question... Anybody ever do a "kill tether" and if so how about a little instruction on how you went about doing it. Which Brand of switch/cord etc. If I'm ever forced off my bike I'll be damned if I get off of it and its still running.... Beside's most of the jackers probably would have a clue why since the key is still in it....

I'm sure its just the matter of mounting the base and splicing into the switch wire. Just Curious...

Guest ratchethack

No experience with this, Richard, but for $20 it might be worth a try:

http://www.magicracing.com/SRP-Pro-Tether-...tch_p_2251.html

Looks like you also need "a Pro-Armor switch install kit" for $18 to run it NC, but this looks like you could make one up yourself, easily enough:

http://www.magicracing.com/Kill-Switch-Ins...450_p_3413.html

Guest ratchethack
what you really need is a connection to route the coil voltage to the handlebars once the tether gets pulled.. course he'd drop your bike but the wow factor could be worth it.

I like it, Foto.

D'you reckon you could wire up a couple of copper strips just under the seat cover, straight off the coils, directly under los huevos? :o;)

EEEEEEEEEEEHHHOLAY! Ai yi yi! :whistle:

Here is what the Pussies over at the Ducati Forum posted to my question....

First:

If someone wants my bike bad enough to point a gun at me they can have it. That's why I have insurance

Next:

Exactly.

If I get that famous question "Your bike or your life?", I'm tossing the douchenozzle the keys and saying "Careful, it pulls hard after 4k."

Getting into a shootout over a bike isn't my idea of fun, and I've rather get a good description to help out the pro's at nabbing the wanker. Not to mention there's usually less paperwork involved when you don't shoot someone.

And My response: I had mentioned that Kansas is a CCW State that I participate in.

Sooner or later.. Hopefully sooner, We'll be able to shoot thieves for sport.....

If you have never been violated by a thief gaining access to your home or your vehicles, from experience, its the most violated feeling I have ever had. 1998 I lost hand guns and tons of property due to a break in. I arrived home and fortunately the thieves were gone. Had I come home sooner while they were in my home, I may have been shot with my own weapon.... (Which were in a safe that was beat open with something large and heavy) I would invite the chance of that ever happening again... The outcome would be much in my favor....

Hey, Don't steal my stuff. You'll have nothing to worry about. There will be one less F&^ker on this planet that will steal yours...

Once again, governments, schools and Liberals have turned the population into a bunch of Pussies that won't stand up for themselves. Except more Insurance Premiums for the rest of us....

I WIN!!!!!!

Well, since the world's gonna "sort of" end in 2012, we'll be riding continually updated/modified M.G. "tractors", while they PERISH waiting to eventually get the basic servicing done at their local dealer...MMMMmmm, Soylent Green Ducatisti, Now available in Chipotle or Wasabi flavors... :food::bier:

Sounds to me like Ducati forum got it right - this is a MOTO GUZZI TECHNICAL forum, take the political rant elsewhere.

KB :sun:

Funny you should mention that... I posted the question of a kill tether for my Guzzi and Ducati. Only one person actually had some information or a suggestion. It was the remaining posters without any help that made a political issue...

Kettle Meet Pot.. Pot Meet Kettle... ;)

I once read about a peculiar home built anti-theft switch for a car. It was a simple electronic device that let the engine run for 20 seconds at a time. The switch was not hidden at all, just an extra aux switch somewhere on the dashboard. The fact that the engine ran a while each time would make the thief not looking for any switch but just presume it was a crappy car and leave it.

Funny you should mention that... I posted the question of a kill tether for my Guzzi and Ducati. Only one person actually had some information or a suggestion. It was the remaining posters without any help that made a political issue...

Kettle Meet Pot.. Pot Meet Kettle... ;)

You didn't call them pussies to there face on that forum.