Can question?

NakedV

Those look GREAT Bob! I love that style of reverse meg mufflers. Are they loud?

Hard to describe the sound difference. They are louder.... but not really by much if that makes any sense? Sounds is more mechanical or rumble(y) if that is the right description....you can hear the engine better and not like there is a paper bag over it with the stock exhaust........ but still not obnoxiously loud.....kind of like hearing the valves on our bikes.

You can remove the baffles which I have yet to do to see what that does to them.....prob try that this weekend just to play.

I always like Staintunes as I think the stainless looks good with the "slower", silver model V11's. :D. But was never really a fan of the whole "can" appearance and this gives the bike a more classic look IMHO.

Bob

. . . with the "slower", silver model V11's. :D.

Bob

Hey! I resemble that remark <_>

Those classic looking "silencers" look really stunning on the Sport!

I never heard anyone say that their Ti ECU was a major improvement. Those cans were not available until, when, 2003? And, they were probably made by Mistral, yet I thought they were oval (?)

Whatever the change, taking off the stock LaFranconis will probably drop about 10 pounds (or is that one stone?)

Hard to describe the sound difference. They are louder.... but not really by much if that makes any sense? Sounds is more mechanical or rumble(y) if that is the right description....you can hear the engine better and not like there is a paper bag over it with the stock exhaust........ but still not obnoxiously loud.....kind of like hearing the valves on our bikes.

You can remove the baffles which I have yet to do to see what that does to them.....prob try that this weekend just to play.

I always like Staintunes as I think the stainless looks good with the "slower", silver model V11's. :D. But was never really a fan of the whole "can" appearance and this gives the bike a more classic look IMHO.

Bob

There's nothing slower about the red framed silver V11s. Rumor has it they might be faster on a twisty road. :race:

IMO a little louder than stock is nice, but everyone has their own definition of what is too loud I guess. I have the MG Ti cans and they were like that before I added an FBF crossover. They're still OK below half throttle but I think they're a little too loud when I really get on it. The crossover really did help eliminate the 4krpm torque dip that my bike, like most V11s, had.

I never heard anyone say that their Ti ECU was a major improvement.

I've swapped back & forth between my stock ECU and the Ti ECU with appropriate PCIII maps for my setup. My butt told me that the Ti ECU pulled harder from about 5k on up and a dyno run confirmed it. The stock ECU has better throttle response below 5k though. The dyno guy that I used suggested that the Ti ECU had a more aggressive timing map. If I could blend the two together it would be perfect!

.... Bike sounds really nice without making my ears bleed :grin::grin: ...

I once had them mounted, too. Indeed they're obviously sounding quite dark and mellow - for those standing besides the bike. But ask your neighbours - they'll tell you that they hear them in their hummin' cupboards :grin:

They were great fun, really. The performance at higher revs was very much better as with the OEM cans. You can see mine on my actual avatar.

Hubert

The crossover really did help eliminate the 4krpm torque dip that my bike, like most V11s, had.

Hi Tom, a new crossover is next on my "toy" list. Getting the new cans without the crossover probably doesn't really make that much sense really? My wife is funny......everytime I do something, new Maund seat, Tidy, exhaust, etc she says......"if you want a new bike just get one". She doesn't get-it that I would be doing the same things with a new bike. However, maybe I need to turn her "get a new" one to translate to get a 2nd one......... :nerd:

Bob

Hi Tom, a new crossover is next on my "toy" list. Getting the new cans without the crossover probably doesn't really make that much sense really? My wife is funny......everytime I do something, new Maund seat, Tidy, exhaust, etc she says......"if you want a new bike just get one". She doesn't get-it that I would be doing the same things with a new bike. However, maybe I need to turn her "get a new" one to translate to get a 2nd one......... :nerd:

Bob

Once you get a crossover mounted you'll probably want to get a Power Commander to get the most out of your modifications. Welcome to the slippery slope Bob! My wife doesn't get it either...

My wife doesn't get it either...

For the majority of women, the sole quality of technology is how it is used; thus, their failure to grasp why one would ride a Bike instead of a car - they're both "transportation appliances," and in the female mind, the car trumps motorcycle for utility.

This is why the vast majority of women, who are asked "You got a new car? What kind?" will respond "A blue one" [or insert other relevant color choice here.] This is because, as an appliance, the only pertinent question to the female mind is "what does it match?" not "how does it function?" since, as a car, it functions like any other member of the vast class of "cars", ie - it has 4 wheels and goes when you twist the key & push on the long skinny pedal to the right.

Viva la difference! ;)

For the majority of women, the sole quality of technology is how it is used; thus, their failure to grasp why one would ride a Bike instead of a car - they're both "transportation appliances," and in the female mind, the car trumps motorcycle for utility.

This is why the vast majority of women, who are asked "You got a new car? What kind?" will respond "A blue one" [or insert other relevant color choice here.] This is because, as an appliance, the only pertinent question to the female mind is "what does it match?" not "how does it function?" since, as a car, it functions like any other member of the vast class of "cars", ie - it has 4 wheels and goes when you twist the key & push on the long skinny pedal to the right.

Viva la difference!

Yes, I believe you are correct. She thinks because I wanted Maund to redo my seat that the old one was broken, same with the exhaust which is why she says to just buy a new one....she thinks there must be something not right with my old one. They are funny creatures. :D

Bob

Hey NakedV - Post a pic at some point so we can see it on your bike!

Bob

Here you go Bob. Mistrals fitted along with a Givi fly screen. This bike just gets better and better.

4414650842_bf48dd23e0.jpg

4413882331_852df2526c.jpg

4413882011_05a21bae15.jpg

Hi and thx. They are made by Mistral and I picked mine up from MG Cycle (Gordon). For

Regards,

Bob

Great, thanks for the info! You probably mentioned elsewhere, but I was confused because I have Mistral cans, but they are the regular old round cans and I didn't realize they had other models. Much appreciated.

Great, thanks for the info! You probably mentioned elsewhere, but I was confused because I have Mistral cans, but they are the regular old round cans and I didn't realize they had other models. Much appreciated.

Hi Woodburn - I think these are relatively new....previously I had only seen the "can" ones too. Why I was pleased to see these. Even the Mrs says........."your bike looks smaller" which translates to taking up less garage space in her mind which is a good thing to her!

The more I have them the more I like them too!

Bob