2004 LeMans Tie-down points

tinklespout

Hi Ya'll, --- I'm traveling cross-country to buy a 2004 LeMans this weekend and was hoping someone could tell me the best locations to attach tie-down straps. I'd like to put some anchor-points on my trailer before I leave. I plan to torque it down to compress the suspension a bit and don't want to do any damage before I even get it home. I really appreciate your help. --- Kim

Hi Ya'll, --- I'm traveling cross-country to buy a 2004 LeMans this weekend and was hoping someone could tell me the best locations to attach tie-down straps. I'd like to put some anchor-points on my trailer before I leave. I plan to torque it down to compress the suspension a bit and don't want to do any damage before I even get it home. I really appreciate your help. --- Kim

Hello & welcome.

The rear exhaust / passenger peg mounts are a good place to hook. In front you can probably get on the bars or use a bar harness like canyon dancer.

If your trailer tie down points are wide it'll be stable without too much suspension compression.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Hello & welcome.

The rear exhaust / passenger peg mounts are a good place to hook. In front you can probably get on the bars or use a bar harness like canyon dancer.

If your trailer tie down points are wide it'll be stable without too much suspension compression.

Congrat's on the new bike! As Dan said the passenger peg mounts are good spots to tie to but you might want to use soft ties to protect the paint. There's no good place to directly attach tie downs on the front of the LeMans unless you use a Canyon Dancer or Cycle Cynch harness. I have both and prefer the Cycle Cynch. The Canyon Dancer tends to force the grips up the bars.

http://www.cyclecynch.com/CCpages/CCproduct.html

Hello & welcome.

Dan & Tom,

Thanks a Lot for the pointers. I added a chock to the front so the steep angle under the fairing held her in place. The pegs in the rear worked great. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can go for a ride but I'll be fine with polishing for quite a while. Thanks again, Kim