v11 LeMans models specific question - fairing issue

Skeeve

O.K., so at the bottom of the fairing beneath the headlight, there's a plate the blanks off the bottom of the steering head that attaches to the fork stanchions and closes off the underside of the fairing.

Besides the obvious (somewhat limited?) aerodynamic benefits and obvious help with preventing road crud & weather from infiltrating the fairing at speed, it appears from casual observation that you have to take apart the forks to get this @#!$& thing out of there w/o cutting it off! Admittedly, it's in a difficult position to really sort out what needs to be done to remove the pieces in the way, but short of removing the beauty cover at the top of the steering stem & using a long boy drill bit to drill out through the bottom fascia - the entire point to this exercise being to put the hole back in the bottom of the steering stem this plate obscures in order to use a front end stand that indexes via a pin in the bottom of the steering stem as God & motorcycle nature intended - I just don't see what other option I have.

Any pointers, anyone? Pete? Greg? Bueller?

On mine, that cover is really 3 pieces. The part(s) that is outboard on the stanchion is screwed to the single piece in between the forks, with a cut and a grommet for the front brake cable to be removed too. I hope you find yours is the same, good luck :notworthy::mg::wub: S.H.