Just a quickie?

NakedV

I'm at work at the minute and so can't rum out and check on the bike. I'm about to order a TwinMax throttle balance device. Do I need the 5mm or the 6mm adapters for the V11 manifolds?

I'm at work at the minute and so can't rum out and check on the bike. I'm about to order a TwinMax throttle balance device. Do I need the 5mm or the 6mm adapters for the V11 manifolds?

The V11 has nipples to slip the hoses over. No adapters required. IIR the twinmax comes with sleeves for smaller nipples but I'm not sure if the MG needs them.

The V11 has nipples to slip the hoses over. No adapters required. IIR the twinmax comes with sleeves for smaller nipples but I'm not sure if the MG needs them.

Hi Dan.

Back home now and my 2001 V11 has a large crosshead blanking screw in each manifold, next to the head which I assume is for an adapter! Will pull one in the morning and check.

Regards, Mick.

The threading is 5mm diameter x 1.00 mm pitch.

It would be the same for the thread repair kit. Don't ask . . <_>

Cheers Docc. and, no, I won't ask! but "Ouch" any way. :homer:

Hi Dan.

Back home now and my 2001 V11 has a large crosshead blanking screw in each manifold, next to the head which I assume is for an adapter! Will pull one in the morning and check.

Regards, Mick.

Hey Mick,

Perhaps it is a difference on US models. That is where the nipples are on my bike. Sorry for the misinformation.

The US models had brass nipples for the carbon fuel evaporative canisters. These were in the tool tray under the seat on early Sports and plumbed with 20 feet (yes, twenty feet) of fuel line. The whole contraption weighs five pounds.

Many owners removed the apparatus and either hooked a vacuum line between the two intake ports or simply plugged the ports with a threaded fastener (I'm assuming non-US bikes just had the the cross head screws).

The trouble I found after removing and replacing the bolts to thread in vacuum taps for balancing every 4000-6000 miles is that the aluminum threads gave up in the intake. I've gone back to permanent brass nipples with rubber caps in place.

You sure about this? If we're talking about the same thing I'm certain they are M6. Mick, did you take a measure?

You sure about this? If we're talking about the same thing I'm certain they are M6. Mick, did you take a measure?

Yes, yes. I measured the wrong adapter tap. It is, in fact, 6mm x 1.00.

Good catch and thank you!

Yes, yes. I measured the wrong adapter tap. It is, in fact, 6mm x 1.00.

Good catch and thank you!

Ahhhhh! Crap. Just got back from w/end away. Anyone need a set of 5mm adaptors for a TwinMax????

That'll teach me I should have measured the buggers. :homer:

Ahhhhh! Crap. Just got back from w/end away. Anyone need a set of 5mm adaptors for a TwinMax????

That'll teach me I should have measured the buggers. :homer:

That would be my mistake. PM me, I'll stand up for it.:notworthy:

That would be my mistake. PM me, I'll stand up for it.:notworthy:

No worries Docc, Already sorted. If you ever hit the UK, 1st beer is on me. Regards, Mick.

No worries Docc, Already sorted. If you ever hit the UK, 1st beer is on me. Regards, Mick.

You have my PM. I'm emailing your pint. If I don't make good on this, Luhbo will never forgive me.:blush:

So, this is some curious inter-metric conversion: a guy (uh, dat's me:nerd:) makes a 1.00 mm error; he (dat's me:o) owes Mick a pint. And raz, too.

Really, he (dat's me<_ owes a pint deutsch pintb and pints pints:cheese: anyone else who went out to buy the little nipple taps in first hours before correction got posted.>

So, this is rather convoluted/forum conversion math: 1.00 mm x 1 (24/7) forum = 5 pints.:bier:

Since we ('mericans) can only get good ale in 12 ounce bottles, I'm pretty sure I drank all five pints today just lamenting over the Little Nipple Affair. :drink:

None-the-less, I am so behind on my bar tab form the South'n Spine Raid that I will buy you a beer at the mere mention of *Little Nipples* any where in the world. From now on.

Oh, for goodness sake, be discreet . . .:pic: