A re-introduction

dlapierre

I've not been on this site for quite a while. There's been some changes.

What happened is that I traded in my 03 Sport Naked for a 1200 Sport. This was last spring. But I missed my 03. I went to buy it back, but the dealer wanted too much for it, so I shopped around and found an 04 Cafe Sport I liked.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the front end more like a Sport Naked, with the clip-ons, instruments connected directly to the triple-tree, and headlight that turns with the steering.

I've not been on this site for quite a while. There's been some changes.

What happened is that I traded in my 03 Sport Naked for a 1200 Sport. This was last spring. But I missed my 03. I went to buy it back, but the dealer wanted too much for it, so I shopped around and found an 04 Cafe Sport I liked.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the front end more like a Sport Naked, with the clip-ons, instruments connected directly to the triple-tree, and headlight that turns with the steering.

Welcome back, dlapierre :-)

Old love never dies! I think Jaap can help you as he went down the same alley like you tranforming his V11 Sport into a Naked. Jaap?

Cheers

Søren

I'm sorry, it wasn't exactly the same what I did. And I don't know how to fix the Cafe Sport fairing directly to the forks. (If that's what you're planning to do)

Greg Field does; that's part of what he did to his bike, iirc.