Spring is in the Air

DeBenGuzzi

Great shots, DBG!

Seems like the weather at your end is similiar to what we have here in Denmark although it was -3C this morning and freaking cold. Still a lot of snow and ice which has to disappear before I pull out the Scura, for sure!

Keep the wheels on the tarmac and keep them spinning.

All the best

Søren

ALL the snow is gone today, it rained all last week so I don't worry too much about the salt, still some sandy patches but I stay to the main drags and don't give it too much juice, it was a pleasure to have out, rode the Aprilia into work today, was nice too.

Couldn't take it, at work yesterday, staring outside. I have been out on the road alot this winter, but seeing 50 degrees was too much. Took a half day off and rode for the next 5 hours. Technically the first ride of spring!!! Sure makes it nice to think about the 30 degree ride in when you are tooling along on empty roads in 63 degrees!!! :race:

Cheers Ben! That looks a lot better than the snow shovel shots. Hang on, arent those exercise pants and runners? You pullin our legs or what? :grin:

THEY ARE exercise pants and runners, I only went around the neighborhood I know I should still wear full gear but was better dressed than most of the ppl I saw on bikes that day, I normally wear boots and at least jeans, KNEW someone would spot it and say something :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

In Vancouver I have been riding since January. It is actually colder here now than when we had the winter olympics. There is lots of snow on the mountains now.

The thing I find funny about Guzzi V11 owners is that so many of you are almost the same as me! We are all mostly the same age range. I bet 45 is the average. We have mainly all owned a few Nortons or Triumphs before and maybe a Ducati or some other European bikes as well. Many of use still own a few other bikes. I think that most of us are in engineering or mechanical trades.

I think very few of us would have ever owned a Virago, or would even be seen riding one. Probalby none of us think Orange County Choppers are cool. Some of us might appreciate or own Harleys.

Most of us are pretty experienced riders. Most of us put on a fair number of miles.

This guy on the Red V11 looks almost exactly like me except my bike is a Red VII Lemans. Probably if he took his helmet off I would find out he looks a lot different than me, but maybe he is my doppleganger.

Nigel

In Vancouver I have been riding since January. It is actually colder here now than when we had the winter olympics. There is lots of snow on the mountains now.

The thing I find funny about Guzzi V11 owners is that so many of you are almost the same as me! We are all mostly the same age range. I bet 45 is the average. We have mainly all owned a few Nortons or Triumphs before and maybe a Ducati or some other European bikes as well. Many of use still own a few other bikes. I think that most of us are in engineering or mechanical trades.

I think very few of us would have ever owned a Virago, or would even be seen riding one. Probalby none of us think Orange County Choppers are cool. Some of us might appreciate or own Harleys.

Most of us are pretty experienced riders. Most of us put on a fair number of miles.

This guy on the Red V11 looks almost exactly like me except my bike is a Red VII Lemans. Probably if he took his helmet off I would find out he looks a lot different than me, but maybe he is my doppleganger.

Nigel

I'm 29, had my guzzi for 6 years and just a suzuki cruiser before that on the street. I'm not exactly the norm but I fit in with the older crowd a little better. I would like a harley but I don't feel I'm old enough, lately I've been thinking I am

this is me in my messy computer/smoking room that the kids stuck dino's on the wall

n703320299_5224011_1674.jpg

43 yrs, only previous bike was a BMW R1100R which was way too sanitized for me.

I also checked with myself the other day: am I old enough now to buy a Harley?

I am not, and I wont be either.

Life is so strange with its changes, yes indeed. I'll bet the designer of the V11 fits into this age group too! At 47 I've had a 71 T250, 73 Titan 500, 76 750F Supersport, 81 GS1000G (only new bike I've had, 40k in the first year!), a brief affair with a chopped Commando, (rode it down a gravel driveway and promptly traded it for a pick up truck, about 1200 feet), a 62 FLH (still have that), 85 RZ350, 02 SV650S, then the V11 to make distance entertaining. That old Pan is still around, I built the first of 3 versions at 21 and rode it across the States to the Atlantic and to and fro countless times to California for 17 years. It has been off the road for a decade now. I outgrew it, just too many memories to sell it. I can't imagine hopping on a Harley as a middle aged human, that just doesn't make sense.

When I am "old" I want to be propped up and ferried about in the hack of a Brough or Vincent rig piloted by a bi-polar toothless dancer. In the meantime I'll let the V11 sing that 4500 to 6800 V-Twin song and chew up the distance. Last few slaps of snow still on the passes with this cold snap. April is that way eh? Clear enough when the sun heats the road though, high time to put the bike on the road. I used to ride year round, embarrassing to be last guy out behind you hard asses in the Mid-West! Cheers :race::bier: in that order

Brough%20SS100_jpg.jpgvincent_black-shadow_series-c.jpg