Valve clearance - Do I need new Gaskets

Kiwi_Roy

I read the tech note about doing the valves. I have been putting this task off because I don't have new gaskets.

Is it OK to put the old ones back?

BTW, where do I get a decent manual for V11 Sport?

Thanks

Roy

I read the tech note about doing the valves. I have been putting this task off because I don't have new gaskets.

Is it OK to put the old ones back?

BTW, where do I get a decent manual for V11 Sport?

Thanks

Roy

you can reuse those gaskets forever. just use care when you remove the cover so they don't tear.

You may have to add a little silicone (very little)to seal the old gasket, if you do tear it British Italian or Chilliwack Yamaha will have them. I just got a set of re-usable silicone gaskets from Real Gaskets Tennessee. They look like a good product so in they go next adjustment. They are online the part number for them is RG-14023760-2

MG-3760 S/2

Likewise a CD covering parts and procedures is constantly available through Ebay for $10 USD

Happy Thrashing, hope this helps :bike:

You may have to add a little silicone (very little)to seal the old gasket, if you do tear it British Italian or Chilliwack Yamaha will have them. I just got a set of re-usable silicone gaskets from Real Gaskets Tennessee. They look like a good product so in they go next adjustment. They are online the part number for them is RG-14023760-2

MG-3760 S/2

Likewise a CD covering parts and procedures is constantly available through Ebay for $10 USD

Happy Thrashing, hope this helps :bike:

I dont Have a gasket in mine at all and they dont leak. I just used some high temp silicone and it works great. Now of course thats just a temporary thing as when I do the valves again I'll have to clean the old sealer off. But by then I'll have gotten some new gaskets.

I downloaded the manuals V11 & Supplement.

They all seem to come in 3 languages, rather than print all pages and throw away the ones I didn't need I took the file to work and opened the pdf with an edit program we have.

I was able to get rid of nearly half the pages and print it out double sided.

If anyone would like a copy of the abbreviated pdf send me an e-mail roy_matson at yahoo dot ca

Regards

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Well what i did when i had this issue was buy some gasket paper, I placed the rocker cover on the scanner bed and scanned the head and just printed the image onto the gasket paper.

if you wish i can send you a copy of the original image i used as a template for the gasket?

total cost - €1 and works a treat.

Dave

Roy, Dave,

Greg Bender has been a wonderful resource for ALL Guzzisti for quite a while now- he hosts many technical documents and collected advice,etc.

I would ask that you send your files to him for posting on his website. That way, everything is at a central location and you won't be bothered with tens of emails. :cheese:

Cheers,

Jason

Well what i did when i had this issue was buy some gasket paper, I placed the rocker cover on the scanner bed and scanned the head and just printed the image onto the gasket paper.

What an excellent idea! I think you deserve a bodge point for that!

OTOH, I don't know where one gets gasket paper in 8.5x11" size sheets stateside... :huh2: