Hello from Iowa and Thank You to Leafman60

squidvicious

Hello,

Scura #387 now resides in Iowa. I purchased it from Leafman60 and rode it up from New Orleans last weekend. I noticed the rear wheel bearings had developing some play by the time I got home so yesterday I swapped them. It appears I have the too short spacer problem. In addition I need to swap out the needle bearing on the right side of the bevel drive, but that will have to wait until next weekend since that bearing was not in stock.

I would also like to thank Leafman60 for making the long distance purchase easy. He when out of his way to accommodate my schedule and knowing I was about to ride the bike 1000 miles home replaced a perfectly good, but somewhat worn front tire at his expense. Thank you Sir.

The ride home was uneventful, but if you ever need to spend the night in Blytheville Arkansas, the innkeeper at the Fairview Suites suggested I roll my bike inside. His logic, "When the bars let out at 2am, you'll sleep soundly knowing your baby is only a few feet from you."

Where in Iowa? We've probably met :rolleyes: I used to live in Iowa City.

Jason

Hello,

Scura #387 now resides in Iowa. I purchased it from Leafman60 and rode it up from New Orleans last weekend. I noticed the rear wheel bearings had developing some play by the time I got home so yesterday I swapped them. It appears I have the too short spacer problem. In addition I need to swap out the needle bearing on the right side of the bevel drive, but that will have to wait until next weekend since that bearing was not in stock.

I would also like to thank Leafman60 for making the long distance purchase easy. He when out of his way to accommodate my schedule and knowing I was about to ride the bike 1000 miles home replaced a perfectly good, but somewhat worn front tire at his expense. Thank you Sir.

The ride home was uneventful, but if you ever need to spend the night in Blytheville Arkansas, the innkeeper at the Fairview Suites suggested I roll my bike inside. His logic, "When the bars let out at 2am, you'll sleep soundly knowing your baby is only a few feet from you."

Just up the road, outside of Waterloo.

Great- you'll be close to the Iowa Moto Guzzi rally. It's in Elkader...first?? weekend in July. GREAT fun and worth the (short) trip.

If you drive down south of Iowa City, be sure to stop in Riverside and say hi to Jim and Barb at Ned's.