Yet another handlebar solution

c20500

I couldn't resist trying this one... I cut a Ruckus Zbar in half. It's about a 3.5 inch rise and raked back a bit. wanted to try this before I drilled the yoke for normal bars. I might getaway with just rerouting the cables.

zbar2.jpg

I couldn't resist trying this one... I cut a Ruckus Zbar in half. It's about a 3.5 inch rise and raked back a bit. wanted to try this before I drilled the yoke for normal bars. I might getaway with just rerouting the cables.

Now, that's what I would call function over form! :thumbsup: Let us know how it turns out.

"Ruckus Zbar?" Do you mean the handlebar from a Honda Ruckus scooter, or something else? Big Ruck or small one, if the former? [Not familiar enough with them to know if the big Ruckus & the original share a common part in the handlebar...]

Looks like you still need to trim some of the length of the bar, but other than that, it looks like you've got a good start on mitigating the "crouch." :thumbsup::luigi:

Wow, that's just what I want, please tell me more, where can I get a "Ruckus Zbar". I have been looking at chrome bars but they would look out of place on the V11.

Did you re-enforce the bar where it clamps, perhaps a solid rod or thick walled pipe.

Would it be possible to route the wiring thru the bars?

Good Idea on your part.

Roy

This is a 7/8 Chromoly bar with tig welds powercoated black made for a Honda Ruckus Scooter. I was trying to find a zbar with 90 degree angles but they were all 1" for harleys. The part that goes into the clip was about 1/4mm too thick with the powercoat so I just sanded the end down to 22mm. The amount of material holding the bar on the stock guzzi clip is not that much so I'm sure the aluminum will crack long before the bar will let go with all the leverage there. There are two small holes at each end of the Z for wiring to go through but I don't see the need to use them. Only challenge is a notch in the solid stock bar for the 2nd pinch bolt that would have to be put on the chromoly bar once you figure out what angle you want it so it won't be adjustable once its set. I was thinking this was a cleaner way to raise the bars than get dogbone risers... otherwise if I was to go with handlebars, I would put risers as long as the ones on the centauro, griso (around 4" and angled back) as short 1-1.5inch risers would still interfere with the top tubes and the reach wouldn't be any longer than the stock clipons anyway.

I'll take a photo if I finish re-routing the cables(if they reach)

zbar1.jpg

Brake line ended up being a bit too short and the end to the master is at the wrong angle so for this to work, it needs new brake and clutch lines... I think I'll leave them alone for now and tinker more with the My15m for an optimal map instead.