OH the Shame

Wildgoose

acquiesce= to consent or comply without protest.

I don't think Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper or Jack Nicholson would say a thing.

Being a mechanic and leaning over with the posture of a primate I thought my back would give out. I think my knees have taken precedence (this last year) over any other pain.........

I REALLY like the mp3 500

08_Piaggio_MP3_500_front.jpg

if it wasn't a god damn scooter or if I was in college I'd get one, definitely what I'll be driving around the old folks community when I retire, well something like it thats still a good 40 years away for me :whistle:

I REALLY like the mp3 500

08_Piaggio_MP3_500_front.jpg

if it wasn't a god damn scooter or if I was in college I'd get one, definitely what I'll be driving around the old folks community when I retire, well something like it thats still a good 40 years away for me :whistle:

I hate the "I'm styled like an SUV but my fenders are too close to the wheels to fit knobbies" treatment of the Gilera Fuoco; I'd stick w/ the MP3 400 for the original & still better MP3 looks & functionality [the 500 loses the through the seat storage on the 250 & 400, iirc.]

The 250 is a gutless puke ridden two-up, but otherwise fun & fine for thrashing through traffic. If Piaggio could just get the pricing right [i can buy a new Kia that will seat 2 adults + 2 midgets for less than the 500, [b]and[/b] keep them all dry in the rain! :rolleyes:] I'd jump on the 400 in a heartbeat; if Piaggio could bring the 250 for

Ride on!

You could throw a suitcase full of money and get a Can Am Spyder. Those look like they might be fun.

But anyhow- don't be embarrassed - at least you are still out there riding. Lot's of folks would have just binned it. :thumbsup:

You could throw a suitcase full of money and get a Can Am Spyder. Those look like they might be fun.

But anyhow- don't be embarrassed - at least you are still out there riding. Lot's of folks would have just binned it. :thumbsup:

suitcase of money is right, holy jesus are they expensive, cool looking but I wonder how well they actually handle?

Thanks for the banter guys. I was just having a bit of fun sniveling about having to ride my wifes high tech very capable scooter for a few weeks while my knee and bike were rehabed. The V11S is back on the road now and with the last shot of cortazone the knee is functioning well enough to ride it again. I took a ton of crap at work about the MP3 form the Harley boys, they dont laugh at the V11 once they have tried to keep up with it so they were doing a little "pay back" time. I have ridden a Can-Am Spyder and they are just plain diffrent. Another machine that just has to be evaluated on its own merits as there is nothing else like it. If I had to ride a three wheeler full time I would go for the Spyder before I would do a hack or rear wheeled trike. For what its worth the MP3 is a great commuter machine and a lot of fun to ride. Just gives up something of the macho mucle man image on the road.

suitcase of money is right, holy jesus are they expensive, cool looking but I wonder how well they actually handle?

Having ridden both an MP3 & a Spyder, I'd rather ride the MP3 for handling, the Spyder for profiling.

You can't lane-split on a Spyder 'cause it's as wide as a (small) car, the MP3 isn't any wider than a bike w/ saddlebags, so as long as traffic doesn't get too tight, it's a goer. And way more fun to drive than the Spyder, 'cause the MP3 still leans.

The Spyder, as might be expected, handles more like a snowmobile or a quad than anything else. Those are fine on soft surfaces, but kinda sucky on the street, which is why Bombardier had to put in all sorts of electrical gee-whiz'ery in the Spyder to shut down the fun before you can wrack it up in the turns.

I do like the front trunk on the Spyder; the fine folks at Bombardier certainly did their homework. I'd rather just buy a used Miata for the same money as the Spyder tho'; more utils per $.

I sure would like to license the rights to the MP3 front end from Piaggio & make one right; trim the costs, get the wheel sizes & motovator unit right, & that thing could be a real world changer. Right now it's too expen$ive and their modern engineers aren't as good as Ing. D'Ascanio at real world decisions.