Rocker59 gets hitched...

rocker59

Nice first post. Been lurking for over a year and this thread brought you out of the shadows... LOL!!!

I like the Californias, but I don't have one.

I can assure you that a California could not have kept up with me this weekend.

The pace was not a slow one, even with a pillion and a trailer...

I welcome you to check my ride report and my map links here: http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=35558.0

...and to search my old posts, both here and at WildGuzzi.

Geez, Mr.rocker sir, I hope I didn't offend you. I wasn't sure what a good first post would look like.I apologize I had no idea you were such a long distance, go faster.

I was only trying to indicate that in my lowly opinion, hitching a trailer to a long legged sport bike is akin to hitching a race horse to pull a heavy milk wagon. The horse can do it, but that's not what it was bred for.

I certainly am embrassed that my first post would cause a serious rider like you to lol.

Geez, Mr.rocker sir, I hope I didn't offend you. I wasn't sure what a good first post would look like.I apologize I had no idea you were such a long distance, go faster.

I was only trying to indicate that in my lowly opinion, hitching a trailer to a long legged sport bike is akin to hitching a race horse to pull a heavy milk wagon. The horse can do it, but that's not what it was bred for.

I certainly am embrassed that my first post would cause a serious rider like you to lol.

Not offended, Dave.

I enjoy many aspects of motorcycling. Track Days to Touring. I just happen to do them all on spine frame Guzzis right now... :race:

Hey, fotoguzzi, do I see some non-guzzi silliness in those photos? Should I shut this discussion down? Should I have another glass of scotch?

Tune in next time for 'Silly is as Guzzi does'

or

'Scotchbrite those piston skirts, boys'.

(see Rocky and Bullwinkle)

Carry on, folks.

damn, another pun.

Hey, fotoguzzi, do I see some non-guzzi silliness in those photos? Should I shut this discussion down? Should I have another glass of scotch?

Tune in next time for 'Silly is as Guzzi does'

or

'Scotchbrite those piston skirts, boys'.

(see Rocky and Bullwinkle)

Carry on, folks.

damn, another pun.

Have another glass of Scotch and stay tuned for my next "Stupid Guzzi Trick": An IBA BB1500 on my '96 Sport 1100 !!! :helmet:

Rocker, do you know of the MN 2010? 2010 miles in 2 days, right up your alley, I can put you up.

http://teamstrange.com/2010/mn1k/

Yes. Sounds fun. I'm not able to participate in any 24hr rallies this year because I'm stuck doing 8-5 M-F with no time off... Until September, my rides will be limited to afternoons and weekends... I did the SPANK rally last year and had a great time, although it rained most of the ride. Maybe next year I'll get to do a couple of LD rallies... Depending upon how far away the rally is, it means taking several days off from work...

For the BB1500, I can leave my house Saturday Morning and return home Sunday afternoon. I won't be worth shite on Monday, but at least I'll be there keeping my seat warm... :lol:

Have another glass of Scotch and stay tuned for my next "Stupid Guzzi Trick": An IBA BB1500 on my '96 Sport 1100 !!! :helmet:

Good Luck on it! I'm looking at one those in the near future. I'm flying from Boston to Phoenix to pick up a Ducati next month. Hope to drive it home in a couple of days (2600 mi). We'll see, though. I may take longer and sightsee a bit.

That's an interesting setup! Any idea as to your loaded trailer tongue weight when you were on your trip?? What, if any, changes did you notice with the bike's handling when pulling the trailer??

Weighed the trailer upon arrival home from a campout last weekend.

Loaded:

Tongue weight 25-lbs

Trailer weight 239-lbs

• 1 month later...

Weighed the trailer upon arrival home from a campout last weekend.

Loaded:

Tongue weight 25-lbs

Trailer weight 239-lbs

On the road in Kansas this past weekend. Another 700 miles with pillion and fridge:

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

:race: