Stucci crossover

mdude

Stucci carries the crossover for the 2003model Sport with lambdathingie, any reasons that I cant put it on my 2001? Is it longer, perhaps?

The Mistral which is on at the moment steals too much from the midrange ooomph.

are you sure? my mistral x-over seemed to increase low end and even midrange.. my motor comes alive at 4k now instead of 5k.

best improvement I have made.

Stucci carries the crossover for the 2003model Sport with lambdathingie, any reasons that I cant put it on my 2001? Is it longer, perhaps?

AFAIK, the x-over w/ the port for the lambda sensor will fit on the other v11s, you'd just need to blank it off.

Everyone else has said the Mistral x-over beefs up the midrange at the expense of the top end; have you done anything w/ the airbox to increase breathing? Could just be a fuel-starvation issue?..

Maybe I'm mislead, but: After reading some older posts in here I understood that the general consensus was that the Stucci smoothes out the power bumps and give more ooomph in the midrange (which is where I live) while the Mistral smoothes out the midrange and gives more draaaang up top.

I have the Mistral at the moment, with Mistral race cans (glorious noise) and a PC3 with the correct map. Although its smooth and driveable, steady idle and all that, and marvellous between 4000 and 6500 I definitely miss something from 2500-4000.

I do quite a bit of stop/start driving since I live mid-town and generally do not drive like I have a deathwish.

Think I quite prefer ooomph over draaaaang. But I dont want a Harley.

What MIGHT be the case is that the race cans is bit too open? A DB-killer perhaps?

Maybe I'm mislead, but: After reading some older posts in here I understood that the general consensus was that the Stucci smoothes out the power bumps and give more ooomph in the midrange (which is where I live) while the Mistral smoothes out the midrange and gives more draaaang up top.

I have the Mistral at the moment, with Mistral race cans (glorious noise) and a PC3 with the correct map. Although its smooth and driveable, steady idle and all that, and marvellous between 4000 and 6500 I definitely miss something from 2500-4000.

I do quite a bit of stop/start driving since I live mid-town and generally do not drive like I have a deathwish.

Think I quite prefer ooomph over draaaaang. But I dont want a Harley.

What MIGHT be the case is that the race cans is bit too open? A DB-killer perhaps?

Seems you've misinterpreted some of the dyno charts [easy to do, when line colors are often dark blue, dark green & black... <_>

My interpretation of what I've seen is that the Stucchi x-over helps smooth out the hole from 3.5k-5k rpm, & gives a boost everywhere from 6k to redline. The Mistral seems to fill in the hole from 4k on up, w/ gains from 5k to 7k or so, but then falls off at the high end of things, being outdone by the stock x-over in total power output at redline.

I think your notion that you're "missing something from 2.5-4k rpm" is more an example of how much the old Carcano v-twin would benefit from a modern EXUP & variable-length intake horn setup that the present-day crotch rockets all seem to have than anything else :nerd: - by increasing your mid-range so much & filling in the serious dip in the stock powerband from 4-5k, you've become aware of how little grunt the engine puts out until it comes "on the pipe" above 4k. Remember, in stock form, it was producing the same power from 2-3.5k, and less from 3.5-5k than yours, and only came on the pipe after 5k. So that hole in the middle of the power made it seem like it was producing more power below the hole than your setup now does, but it's just an illusion caused by your becoming accustomed to the fatter & smoother midrange in your setup.

So in short: stop lugging the engine, & you'll be fine! ;)

What is the general effectiveness of the factor crossover pipe below the alternator on the 03 and later models and how it works with the aftermarket crossovers below the sump.... If I eliminate the undersump crossover, would there be a big hole through the midrange? I have a my15m to solve any mapping issues...

What is the general effectiveness of the factor crossover pipe below the alternator on the 03 and later models and how it works with the aftermarket crossovers below the sump.... If I eliminate the undersump crossover, would there be a big hole through the midrange? I have a my15m to solve any mapping issues...

In my opinion and experience, the cross over at the front of the motor reduces noise and the cross over under the trans adds power. Removing the one at the front would not effect power output much. Removing the one under the trans would hurt power output. Improving the one under the trans will add power. Replacing it with a 2 into 1 collector will add more power still.

Help,

I've been following this thread quite closely as I'am trying to decide which type of crossover to get for my LM but have to confess to being hopelessly lost now.

My LM is an'02 model with a front crossover but no lambda sensor.I have a set of factory titanium pipes and ecu,11;1 compression pistons[fastbyferraci} balanced rods and crank,polished heads with stainless valves and uprated springs/guides[raceco]and I've opened up the air box to improve air flow and fitted a K.N. filter.I've not done anything to the flywheel yet as I've read conflicting info. regarding lightening of the flywheel causing an upset to the balance of the motor and as I want to use the bike as a road machine did n't want to upset things too much.

Lastly I'am not an out and out sports rider so would like to see an improvement in the mid range rather than in the absolute top end.

What I'd like now from you knowledgeable gentleman is some suggestions as to which make of crossover would best suit my needs.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy Roo.

Help,

I've been following this thread quite closely as I'am trying to decide which type of crossover to get for my LM but have to confess to being hopelessly lost now.

My LM is an'02 model with a front crossover but no lambda sensor.I have a set of factory titanium pipes and ecu,11;1 compression pistons[fastbyferraci} balanced rods and crank,polished heads with stainless valves and uprated springs/guides[raceco]and I've opened up the air box to improve air flow and fitted a K.N. filter.I've not done anything to the flywheel yet as I've read conflicting info. regarding lightening of the flywheel causing an upset to the balance of the motor and as I want to use the bike as a road machine did n't want to upset things too much.

Lastly I'am not an out and out sports rider so would like to see an improvement in the mid range rather than in the absolute top end.

What I'd like now from you knowledgeable gentleman is some suggestions as to which make of crossover would best suit my needs.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy Roo.

Unless you spend a lot of time in congested traffic or want to allow for adding a centerstand, the clear choice is the Stucchi crossover. I sell them both. This is the way it is.

Unless you spend a lot of time in congested traffic or want to allow for adding a centerstand, the clear choice is the Stucchi crossover. I sell them both. This is the way it is.

Thank you, Greg.,

Thats what I wanted-a clear straight, no nonsense answer that even I can understand, and I'am not even going to drag things out by asking why?

I shall follow where you lead,

a Sheep forever,

Andy Roo.

Thank you, Greg.,

Thats what I wanted-a clear straight, no nonsense answer that even I can understand, and I'am not even going to drag things out by asking why?

I shall follow where you lead,

a Sheep forever,

Andy Roo.

Crossover

thanks for clearing that up, guys.

Greg; I now remember that post as the reason for bying the Mistral in the first hand. It didnt come up when I searched, for some reason.

Skeeve: a soothing psychological explanation there. And I guess you are right.

You all just saved me some dollars.

Now I must practice the art of keeping 5000rpms everywhere...