Cafe Racer first ride

Guzzirider

Nice work, she's a beauty. How do you like the MotoGadget? Ease of installation, overall quality, etc.

fish

I love the Motogadget- a friend help me install it and it probably took about 6 hours in between cups of tea and banter. Still calibrating the rev counter so its spot on, but the speedo seems very accurate. Build quality seems very good- you need to have your own switch to toggle through the functions so I bought a cheap lucas style kill switch, and I wanted the speedo sensor tucked away out of sight so made a liitle bracket so it can hang from the rear caliper mounting.

I love the Motogadget- a friend help me install it and it probably took about 6 hours in between cups of tea and banter. Still calibrating the rev counter so its spot on, but the speedo seems very accurate. Build quality seems very good- you need to have your own switch to toggle through the functions so I bought a cheap lucas style kill switch, and I wanted the speedo sensor tucked away out of sight so made a liitle bracket so it can hang from the rear caliper mounting.

Thanks very much. A new speedo for the V11s is on the list and this seems like a great company to work with. Unfortunately, that list includes work on other bikes, the garages, the house, and is long and getting looonger. . .

fish

After 600 miles or so of shakedown runs I'm pretty pleased with her but there a couple of niggles I need to sort:

1/ Front brake lever travel- despite new hoses and fresh fluid, the old Jackal master cylinder can't cope, and comes close to crushing my fingers under braking, so I have sourced a 16mm Brembo MC as fitted to V11 / Ducati 916. Brand new, with silver lever and reservoir was £70 plus postage from Italy from an eBay seller- cheaper than some of the prices breakers were quoting me for old corroded stuff!

2/ Tyre sizes- for some reason I'm runing out of front tread on the edges while at the same time have some impressive chicken strips on the rear. May drop down from a 140 to a 130 when the rear tyre is worn out, which will also allow me to run a higher rear profile.

3/ Because the rear upper frame rails have been straightened, the old Jackal luggage rack now sits too low obscuring the tail light. I've had great fun with an angle grinder cutting off all the unnecessary bits but its needs a fair amount of modification and rewelding to make it for so I can go camping later this summer when we tour France before Sibbe.

4. Rev counter calibration is still not quite right- need to get that Motogadget manual out and actually read it!

Cheers

Guy