Ignition lock bolts

lemppari

Are the ignition lock bolts normal hex bolts? I seem to have lost one and the other is also loose. Couldn't see properly in the dark.

Edit: Got it already from on-line parts catalog,8x15 hexes.

no they are break away nuts.. that is once the factory installs them they break the top off as some kind of anti theft idea.. so there are no hex sides.. I had to use a vice grips to get one off after the other one loosend and fell off. you can replace them w/regular nuts (13mm?).

no they are break away nuts.. that is once the factory installs them they break the top off as some kind of anti theft idea.. so there are no hex sides.. I had to use a vice grips to get one off after the other one loosend and fell off. you can replace them w/regular nuts (13mm?).

Yep, I put a normal 8x20 bolt in place of the fallen for time being. After I get back from Lapland which is indidentally probably the warmest place in Europe right now with temperatures near 30 deg. centigrade, I will get new break away bolts.

Some English Jap-plastic-bullet oriented mag once came up with only one positive comment on Guzzis, though. They thought that it is the only bike they know that you can leave parked overnight with the ignition key in place and still have the bike in the same place where you left it next morning....

Yep, I put a normal 8x20 bolt in place of the fallen for time being. After I get back from Lapland which is indidentally probably the warmest place in Europe right now with temperatures near 30 deg. centigrade, I will get new break away bolts.

Some English Jap-plastic-bullet oriented mag once came up with only one positive comment on Guzzis, though. They thought that it is the only bike they know that you can leave parked overnight with the ignition key in place and still have the bike in the same place where you left it next morning....

HAHAHA