WP 40mm USD Fork seal driver

John Neeson

Hello,

I need replace the fork seals on my 1997 Sport Injection (WP 40mm USD forks). Motion Pro do not appear to have a 40mm driver in their range. The alternatives I've found so far are : Laser 4878 Motorcycle Fork Seal Driver 35-50mm and ProBike 40mm. Anyone out there with experience of these tools who could make a recommendation?

Also planned to buy new bushes in case they need replaced. My usual supplier (Moto Mecca) can't get them anymore! Anyone know where to buy (obsolete) WP fork spares?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I need replace the fork seals on my 1997 Sport Injection (WP 40mm USD forks). Motion Pro do not appear to have a 40mm driver in their range. The alternatives I've found so far are : Laser 4878 Motorcycle Fork Seal Driver 35-50mm and ProBike 40mm. Anyone out there with experience of these tools who could make a recommendation?

Also planned to buy new bushes in case they need replaced. My usual supplier (Moto Mecca) can't get them anymore! Anyone know where to buy (obsolete) WP fork spares?

Thanks

Hi John,

Just wondering if you had any luck with finding the WP 40mm USD fork bushes? I am having the same problems on my MuZ Skorpion ('96) Replica (Wp 40 mm USD forks as well)and have not had any luck even when contacting the WP factory.

Regards Phil

Phil,

I was not able to find a supplier for the bushes. wpsuspension.co.uk cannot get them, and do not know of any other sources who can. As it turned out, my bushes did not need to be replaced this time. However that only puts off the problem until next time...

Richard,

I had a look on ebay, but I could not see any 40mm bushes. Could you possibly post the name of the vendor?

thanks

While it's always nice to have the right tool for the job sometimes you have to improvise.

All you need is something to drive them in without cutting the plastic or scratching the surface.

I was just looking at a post for driving the seals on a Goldwing using about 3 ft of PVC pipe.

To protect inner surface of the seals from the sharp step on the inner tube just a turn of plastic tape.

I don't profess to know what I'm talking about, but I just noticed a pool of oil by the front tire of

my GW so I'm getting ready for the project.

I had my V11 Sport forks apart without any special tools at all.

Good Luck

Roy :oldgit:

I have done right side up forks like that, using things like lengths of PVC pipe. But upside down forks I find are much easier to do with a seal driver. The Race Tech one should work fine.

Phil,

I was not able to find a supplier for the bushes. wpsuspension.co.uk cannot get them, and do not know of any other sources who can. As it turned out, my bushes did not need to be replaced this time. However that only puts off the problem until next time...

Richard,

I had a look on ebay, but I could not see any 40mm bushes. Could you possibly post the name of the vendor?

thanks

When you go on ebay enter "40mm fork seals" instead of the word bushes or bushings. You'll get 50 different kinds of 40mm fork seals to choose from. They also have drivers that will work for sale too.