Now that's more like it!

TDF

I bought my V11 sport last September and just have never been satisfied with the low end power. It's had quite a few upgrades bolted on (can's, crossover, K&N pods's) along with a power commander. This weekend I finally obtained a Laptop and hooked up to the power commander. The map that was in there was similar to one that is available on the power commander website but somebody had obviously been tweaking on it (especially on the low end). Not knowing whether it was just some previous owner's idea of what a map should be or if it was done by somebody who knows what they are doing, I replaced it with a map I got off of this very forum in the file share area. Thanks to member "gh67" for posting the map up. The new map was created by OC Motorsports for a bike with similar upgrades as mine. So I figured what the heck if I don't like it I can go back to the old map..........there will be no need to go back to the old map. This thing rips off the line now. This is how I imagined this big twin should feel. I can even get the front wheel to come off the ground if I snap the throttle open at 3k in first. It wouldn't do that with the old map. Too much fun.

I also pulled the rear hugger over the winter and repainted the swingarm. The paint was flaking in areas. I've never liked rear huggers and without the air box all the hugger was doing was keeping stuff off the computer and battery. So I fashioned my own computer/battery protector out of black plastic and bolted it up inside the fender. It's unseen unless you look up from below and seems to be doing it's job. Plus I'm kind of a wuss and don't ride very much in the wet. I like the looks of the swingarm. Has some interesting architecture to it. Not sure why Moto Guzzi felt the need to hide it with that hugger. Here's a photo of what the bike looks like without the hugger.

Ride safe everybody.

TDF

P5300086.jpg

Wow, TDF! The Sport looks just stunning! I've only ever seen one other Sport with red wheels and the black sump and bevelbox, the black valve covers with red guards, really set the look off with the red tail cowl!

When you get a chance, go to your profile and post a location. It really helps with other members linking you to local support.

Quite nice! Good show! docc