Engine Temp Sensor

rodgeddes

I have a 2003 Rosso Corsa,the engine temp sensor on the right hand cylinder has a slow oil leak which means I have to remove the sensor housing which is recessed into the head cooling fins has any body removed one of these before looks like you need a special very thin wall tube socket or something similiar or is there another way to remove this?

Ciao Rod(NZ)

Hi, Rod,

Before you try to get the sensor out (their holders are bad about breaking), I don't think there is any oil in contact with the temp sensor.

Where is your leak showing up?

I have a 2003 Rosso Corsa,the engine temp sensor on the right hand cylinder has a slow oil leak which means I have to remove the sensor housing which is recessed into the head cooling fins has any body removed one of these before looks like you need a special very thin wall tube socket or something similiar or is there another way to remove this?

Ciao Rod(NZ)

IIRC, the engine temp sensor is a blind hole in the aluminum of the head: if you've got an oil leak coming from there, you've got bigger problems than a mere oil leak! Check your valve cover gasket & the connection of the oil breather to the frame; those are more likely sources for the oil you're seeing.

Ok you are correct I was trying to remove bakelite housing by unscrewing it and snap it broke off but pressed it back on,hope it holds

yes there is a oil line next to the sensor and on closer inspection it is leaking oil and blowing down onto the sensor,I will clean the connection up and tweak it a little hopefully this will work,thankyou for the assistance. :thumbsup:

I have a 2003 Rosso Corsa,the engine temp sensor on the right hand cylinder has a slow oil leak

It's amazing how oil travels around on the outside of the engine.

I just put a new gasket on the sump and the bike started dripping from the back corner, at least thats what it looked like. Eventually I tracked the leak to the oil pressure gauge which is attached to the left side throttle body, I hadn't touched that :unsure: