Manic Salamander

Trippy

Anyone used the Classic weights from Manic Salamander that come in at about 13oz each!

Thinking of getting some for my V11 Sport to see if they help with the vibes through the bars.

I HAVE, love them, so so good, well made, vibes go from about a 7 to a 3, you'll notice the pegs vibe more than the bars.

Cool thanks. I see that when I take the weight out of the throttle side there is only about 35mm space inside the bar. Does the MS weight fit easy enough. In the photos on their site the fitting looks longer than that.

My hands get more fatigue(a lot, especially right hand) from my v11 Scura R than from my California Jackal.

Did you buy the bolt-on versions for your v11? I have the Cafe Sport bar, and thinking of buying a set in black. I`m waiting for answer regarding shipping cost for Norway right now.

Should not be too difficoult for a metal work shop to make a pair of stainless steel bolt-ons for me, 3-4 mm thicker and a bit longer, and a longer bolt. My original weight is 158g by the way.

Anyone with the tubular bars have any recomodations for aftermarket weights, besides Maniac?

I didn't end up buying any. I phones and spoke to the guy and he seemed very unsure which would fit my 2000 V11 with the standard clip-ons so I emailed him a couple of photos of the Guzzi weights removed. He didn't think he'd have anything that would fit so I didn't bother.

Anyone with the tubular bars have any recomodations for aftermarket weights, besides Maniac?

Yes. I installed a set of Ballabio tubular bars on my Lemans. I didn't use the stock Ballabio rubber mounts so they vibrated more than the clipons that they replaced when I used the stock clipon weights. I got a very hefty set of bar ends from Moto International and they really cut the vibes on my bike.

What about MPH bars?

I have a Throttlemeister set on but don't like how they activate,want to go with a Vista Cruise as I have them on all my other bikes and find that they are easier to use.

• 4 weeks later...

I took some pictures of my original weights+ bolts, bars, etc, and Manic Salamander shipped a bolt-on set of the throttle lock in stainless steel( set nr 3). It was a strait bolt off/ bolt on job. I think I will paint them black, but I wanted the stainless steel for no rust.

I have the Cafe Sport/Coppa Italia bars.

Shipping to Norway was $ 35,- and unfortunately norwegian VAT+ handling was $ 50,- more.

My original weights is 157 grams, and MS should be 369 grams.

Now I`m hoping for less/different wibrations and less fatigue in my right hand. Needs more testing before giving you the verdict.

I have ordered two new Renthal clip on tubes to replace the originals. This way I will be able to order some MS weights in the sure knowledge that they'll fit ok.

WHOA what? really? what bike do you have? I had no trouble making mine fit, measure your tube to see what size you need, there are only two sizes, do you have the threaded ends for the stock weights? Should be a really simple operation here no need to get new bars

I have ordered two new Renthal clip on tubes to replace the originals. This way I will be able to order some MS weights in the sure knowledge that they'll fit ok.

WHOA what? really? what bike do you have? I had no trouble making mine fit, measure your tube to see what size you need, there are only two sizes, do you have the threaded ends for the stock weights? Should be a really simple operation here no need to get new bars

Yes I have threaded ends for the stock weights, did you order screw in ones or hollow tubes fitting?

hollow tube fittings, you don't need to worry about the threads, doesn't appear to damage them and in fact holds the friction type locking device in better.

Thats what I thought but for some strange reason whilst I have a hollow tube on the left hand side when I take the weight off the right hand side and look up inside it appears solid after 30mm which I guess wouldn't be enough for the MS weights.

Think I must have odd bars which is why I was going to fit the Renthals, however when they turned up and I took the origenal onees off today it turns out they have a grove slotted into them at the top which obviously cant do to the hollow Renthal.

what kind of F'd up bars did they put on your bike? I've seen two types single piece hollow OEM bars and even 2 piece things which mine had, but with how far in the weights went it had plenty of room for the manics, I wonder where they found your bars, are you the original owner? Maybe the Original owner tried that fill in the bars to deaden the vibes method which doesn't work as well as just weights on the end.