Advice on what to look for under the Tranny cover

mznyc

Been missing shifts mostly downshifts from 3-2,2-1 but also upshifts for a while now.

PO had replaced pawl spring,I tried adjusting the adjusting shaft under the acorn nut to no avail.

Now that Redline SP and new Pawl springs should be here soon I figured I should open her up whilst the gearbox is empty.Other than anything obvious,what should I be looking for that will cause these symptoms.I have looked at the external linkage and nothing looks out of place.I am aware of having to cut dowm a hex wrench to access one hexscrew (not the first one Ive had to do,due to Luigi engineering)Shop manual offers no help,...

Thanks,

michael

Give everything a good cleaning with solvent Mike, including the external linkage. Mine had quite a bit of paste in there at pretty low mileage. A clean up and Redline made it shift very well. Take it apart in neutral and note the position of the mechanism in the cover. When you clean it, work it by hand and you can see if everything is moving (and returning) completely. If the shift mechanism is hanging up when it should be returning to the center position, it won't be ready for the next gear change.

Be sure to return everything to the neutral position before putting the cover back on.