Stoner to Honda for 2011

Ok, so it's official that Casey will go to Honda next year,.....

Sooo, if that's the case will Rossi take Burgess and go to Ducati as he should and then leave the door open for Spies to move up and take his place alongside Lorenzo??

Moto GP needs some more drama, if it wasn't for Ben this year and a "I'm really trying" Hayden, it would have been a bit too much like F1.

And now that Biaggi is storming away with the Aprilia in Super Bike has he become a good guy and a hero once again ?

All good stuff for the fans so far!

Cheers

:bier:

Van

Sooo, if that's the case will Rossi take Burgess and go to Ducati as he should and then leave the door open for Spies to move up and take his place alongside Lorenzo??

Moto GP needs some more drama, if it wasn't for Ben this year and a "I'm really trying" Hayden, it would have been a bit too much like F1.

And now that Biaggi is storming away with the Aprilia in Super Bike has he become a good guy and a hero once again ?

Cheers

Van

Huh? What are you going on about? WSBK is the only series w/ particular relevance to real motorcycles; I can't be bothered by MotoGP...

:lol:

Cheers

Van

Yes! We want more drama!!!

Like Capirex on Duc a few years ago. Italian bike with Italian rider.

Huh? What are you going on about? WSBK is the only series w/ particular relevance to real motorcycles; I can't be bothered by MotoGP...

:lol:

WSBK is okay, but MotoGP is much more interesting to me. I prefer to see the fastest riders on the fastest bikes. I have no illusions about being able to buy one or ride like that.

I have gone to F1, MotoGp, World Superbike, AMA Superbike, NASCAR Busch series (ok, the tickets were free), and assorted other races. So far the coolest I have seen was either the F1 or MotoGP, with the node likely given to F1 as the absolute coolest. Those things are amazing. But I think the MotoGP was more enjoyable due to the huge motorcycle scene that went with it. Like Sturgis is to Harley people.

I am disappointed that Stoner is leaving Ducati. I will be surprised if he does well at Honda. I think that Lorenzo and Spies are the ones who may come out of all this on top.

I am disappointed that Stoner is leaving Ducati. I will be surprised if he does well at Honda. I think that Lorenzo and Spies are the ones who may come out of all this on top. ......

I tend to agree, Honda have a nasty habit of letting their internal politics get in the way of what they are capable, Honda to Moto GP is what Ferarri is to F1....massive ability, confused by wayward ego's and catatonic process at times........Look out Casey!

On the other hand he probably needed to get back to Honda as they have the ability to produce championships like no other team..... :oldgit:

Cheers

Van

I am disappointed that Stoner is leaving Ducati. I will be surprised if he does well at Honda. I think that Lorenzo and Spies are the ones who may come out of all this on top. ......

I tend to agree, Honda have a nasty habit of letting their internal politics get in the way of what they are capable, Honda to Moto GP is what Ferarri is to F1....massive ability, confused by wayward ego's and catatonic process at times........Look out Casey!

On the other hand he probably needed to get back to Honda as they have the ability to produce championships like no other team..... :oldgit:

Cheers

Van

I worry that with out Ducati's electronic aids Stoner is going to crash his brains out. I know he has won the title, but until he got on a Ducati he was a crasher. Honda go in cycles, they will listen to the rider and build the bike the rider wants and do well. Then they will forget that it is the rider, not the engineer, that matters and start to build a bike that may be a technological marvel but the rider can't ride it. Or they will start listening to the wrong rider and design a bike that is not as fast. They need someone like Doohan (actually it was likely Burgess) who can keep the engineers in line and on track.

Well, it's been said a lot that Stoner just couldn't feel the front Michelin and that's one of the reasons he crashed a lot. And being very young didn't help :)

As for electronics, Casey makes very clever use of it, but is one of the guys using it the less...He's just a great rider I think and I reckon he'll do great on the Honda....

Well, it's been said a lot that Stoner just couldn't feel the front Michelin and that's one of the reasons he crashed a lot. And being very young didn't help :)

As for electronics, Casey makes very clever use of it, but is one of the guys using it the less...He's just a great rider I think and I reckon he'll do great on the Honda....

What does feel for the front have to do with high siding?

Michelin has had one of the best (ok, the best) front tires in motorcycle roadracing. Around here it is the yardstick others are measured against. I do agree that some people will be faster on one brand of tire or another, and not do as well on other brands. I have seen that myself. And Michelin tends to be less forgiving in terms of sliding at the edge. That would more likely have been Stoners problem with them. But his style has always been very much a pin it and see style.

Well, you could be right but from what I have seen and read he uses more TC then most and relies on it more then most. The fact that Ducati's TC is better then the others and how well he is able to trust it has been the biggest reason why no one else has been fast on a Ducati.

Best of luck to him, and I could be wrong.

I have my infos on Stoner/Michelin and TC from a Ducati MotoGP team insider, he can be rather serious, and objective, when asked :)

Casey was a frequent faller when on Michelin, and glued immediately with the Bridgestone, while still retaining his wild bronco style.

But I'm not going to pick over what and who, this is the internet age, and I will just cross my fingers and hope Casey wins :)

Yes Rossi is going to Ducati next year, check attached image, if it is not a Ducati maybe a Ghezzi -Brian?

While it is possible that Rossi will go to Ducati to replace Stoner, I am not sure what a photoshop image of Rossi on a Ducati means.

I think Rossi may fair better at Ducati then most others, but it is definitely a step down from where he is at now, especially if Burgess does not go with him.

It looks like both this year and next year may be Lorenzo's titles.

I think Rossi may fair better at Ducati then most others, but it is definitely a step down from where he is at now, especially if Burgess does not go with him.

It looks like both this year and next year may be Lorenzo's titles.

I also have my doubts with Rossi on Ducati but I think he made (or will make as it seems it's pretty much done and signed) the right move as an italian on an italian machine.

I also share the concerns about Burgess and i would love to see the combination of Burgess and Presiozi, it would be dynamite.

I also (shit, what happens ? ;)) share your pronostic on Lorenzo for this year but I see Stoner as numero uno next year. The HRC bike is obviously getting better and better and the pair Suppo-Stoner is unbeatable.

there is no way Ducati will take Jeremy Burgess there would have to be too many alterations at Ducati for it to work. Lorenzo showed his inexperience yesterday by dumping his oil all over the track. Moto GP seems to be filling itself with emotionless robots just like F1 glad to see Vale back still good even with a broken leg, look at Stoner last season oh I'm feeling unwell so I can't ride. Stoner will go nowhere on a honda.

I think Stoner on a Honda will win some but I think he will crash too often to mount a challenge to the championship.

The other interesting change in the world order will be going back to 1000cc machines. It will be nice to see rider skill becoming more important then rider weight. And the premier class machines should be absolute beasts to ride. Dumbing then down so that more people could ride them at the front was a stupid idea and I'll be glad (as will Rossi and most of the true talents) to see horsepower and throttle control come back.