Paddock Stand

Guest max

Do you guys like the type that lifts from the swingarm or the type that lifts from under the engine? Where can I get one? Does MG make one?

Guest Brian Robson

MG makes a great stand, that fits the bike and allows both wheels to be off the ground at the same time.....cost is approx $160 US

I also highly recommend the stand from MG Cycle, again see MG Cycle V11 page. I've made mine a LOT more convenient and useful by adding a locking caster wheel near the "kink" in the handle/lifting lever. This allows me to wheel the bike around wherever I need to in & out of my shop, even with the front wheel off. When dismantling the front end, it's one of those "How'd I ever get along with out THIS?!?!" modifications. The mobility takes full advantage of everything you can do when you get it off the ground. :thumbsup:

Rgds.,

Guz in San Diego

I've made mine a LOT more convenient and useful by adding a locking caster wheel near the "kink" in the handle/lifting lever. This allows me to wheel the bike around wherever I need to in & out of my shop, even with the front wheel off. When dismantling the front end, it's one of those "How'd I ever get along with out THIS?!?!" modifications. The mobility takes full advantage of everything you can do when you get it off the ground. 

Rgds.,

Guz in San Diego

I'd love to see a picture of your stand, I'm afraid I can't picture how you could move the bike without the front end. My bike keeps the front wheel on the ground unless I use the "spool" to prop it up.

Lex

Lex, Sorry, don't have a digital camera. :( I use the "spool" that came with the stand to prop up the front end until I get the front wheel off. Once the front wheel's off, the bike shifts it's balance on the stand rearward and the entire front end can be dismantled. As soon as the front wheel is off, the bike rests nicely on the rear wheel and the stand with the caster, and the spool isn't needed. When rolling it around like this, It's pretty easy to lift up the rear wheel to "steer" it around and in & out of the shop. When I take the rear wheel off the bike, I roll the bike around using the caster on the stand and steer with the front wheel, like a 3-wheeler. Can't have both wheels off at the same time and still roll it around using the stand, but so far haven't needed to and can't imagine how I ever would. Works like a champ. :luigi:

Guz in San Diego

Lex - BAD INFO ALERT! :blush::o I must be getting old. The memory is fading. Re-thinking this, the bike doesn't shift far enough back with just the front wheel off. If you have a tail rack (like I do) you can bungee the front wheel on it to "tip the balance" back on the rear wheel. Without adding any rear weight, you can still roll it around with the front wheel off but you have to lift up the front end by the triple clamp and roll the bike around to a spot where you've set the spool down, then set the sump on the spool. It isn't hard to do. So easy I forgot exactly how easy it works! ^_^

Guz in San Diego

Hi

I've not got an official Guzzi stand, I've got an ABBA stand which locates on the swing arm nuts, this way there is no weight on the rear suspension and rear shock etc can be accessed, to get the front wheel off the ground all it needs is a block/jack under the sump and you have both wheels off the ground and accessible.

I'm not sure where you are based (sounds like the US) so I'm not sure if you can get these over there but I've used this stand loads and can recommend it. :thumbsup:

In the UK its available from http://www.abbastands.co.uk/products.htm

Mal :helmet: