Motus V4 and what is next for a Guzzi motor?

hoytstaab

I did a search on the V11 forum for Motus and found one comment at the end of this good thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16006&st=45 ("Jesus Christ! A man could walk on water w/ a pair of those!" classic tie-in with JC )

The Motus is not yet a reality, but it appears to be progressing well. See videos of engine testing & specs. on their site... http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/kmv4.html

I like the bones of it so far, a lot...

• Trellis frame
  • Engine config & layout (would like a twin, but willing to try a 4 again).
  • I also like the chain drive since light weight wheel options are plentiful.

The wheelbase and weight are comparable with the V11, but the Motus is intent on getting 140 bhp and 120 ft lbs. of torque.

After owning several water cooled motorcycles and still riding one, I am wondering about the heat issue of the v-4 engine. I am betting that the heat thrown off from that motor will pretty well cook a rider's legs in warmer climates. Living in south Florida, I can say that the cylinder configuration of my air/oil cooled LeMans is comfortable to ride while my water cooled Tiger can get a little uncomfortable in traffic when the cooling fan kicks on.

yeah its why I'm really considering a 1150RT but this motus does look like it will be AWESOME, downside I can only guess is whats the price?

It is hard not to think the price will be high, but if they can price it to be competitive with BMW touring bikes, it would be great for the industry, especially American motorcycles. I would also have an easy decision about another bike.

Being in a more northern climate, I would welcome some extra engine heat from Nvember to March. Thats one thing about the Goose, you cant say that it roasts your innards on a warm day. I cant say that I've really noticed the engine heat at all. I have ridden a Honda CBR 954rr and that thing was crazy with the engine heat. I do like the things that I've read about the Motus...We'll wait to see what the real thing actually ends up looking like.

the lack of heat on me was part of what I loved so much about my guzzi, I may be leaning BMW as a cruiser option and hope they're the same way, man all these I4's and hyper bikes are just murder in the heat. I liked using the jugs to warm my hands in the cold too but I didn't like how it would ping in hot traffic filled days.

• 3 weeks later...

A chain driven touring bike does not make sense. If Triumph would put a shaft drive on their Sprint they would double sales. Chains are for street bikes. Shafts are for long distant touring.

• 5 months later...