Newbie to Moto Guzzi - Oldie to most stuff

Motocomiot

Hi, Motocomiot!

Lot's of good advice so far (and so fast!). It would be first to consider the Relay 2 ("headlight relay"), but if the headlight and horns work, and the regulator is charging above the battery voltage , it more likely the connector from the headlamp shell across the headset and found under the tank. The stud mounts for the tach can loosen and compromise the ground path. They are quite easy to tighten and anchor with a proper epoxy.

Tools may make the man, but a good multi-meter makes the V11 owner!:nerd:

Here is a simple flow chart that relates the functions to the components:

Hi Docc

You have a great forum here - I seem to have fixed my problem within a few hours so many thanks to all who posted !

I am going to undertake a beefing up as some of the cabling and connectors are horribly fragile . it looks ugly under the tank !....lovely motorcycle though

cheers again

Motocomiot

Well done,glad it was an easy fix !!

Remember to check that rear shock (see here )

I checked the shock (thanks for advice) mine is OK (at the moment) but any tips for spare parts sellers on the web as it looks like something I might like to keep in the old toolbox for the inevitable rainy day !

cheers

The Sachs shock has 2 main faults, the rod seal fails (letting the oil out)and in wetter climates the shock eye corrodes swells and cracks the alloy, both are most likely due to the short hugger allowing water/dirt do get off the rear wheel onto the shock.The best solution is to extend the hugger or protect the shock and replace the Sachs with another make, the cheapest(a £250 Hagon) is said to be way better than the Sachs and can be built to suit your weight.